• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2020 crashes while saving the project

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the 2020 update, a (reasonably simple) project now has an issue where every time I adjust ANY keyframes or timing of clips and then attempt to save, AE will get stuck on "Saving 0%" before not responding and forcing me to force quit. I have tried purging all memory and disk cache, as well as copying all attributes into a brand new project but the issue remains. Anyone else had similar problems with a fix? Because right not AE is basically useless as I can't save any work. 

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have clearly been a lot of issues with the recent update. We here would all love to help and fix any bugs you find, but you have to provide us with more information, such as your OS, version of AE, hardware specs, screenshots, and anything else. It's very hard for us to solve a problem without any information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that. Ideally, saving the project should not make any application crash. In addition to the information asked by @Nathan_Lovell_52 above, I'd like to know more details:

• Does the application crash while saving to any particular location?
  • Have you tested multiple projects?
  • What happens when you choose File > Save As instead of File > Save? (just for troubleshooting)

Looking forward to a response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happening the same thing with me if I save a project for the first time, or try to import a file,

AE crashes on me and I can't work anymore, for weeks !! tried everything, but submitting a ticket, already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Hit save and it freezes on "Saving project... 0% complete" 

Running Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 

Abode AE 2020

-

Note: Sometimes the save goes through, but a lot of times it crashes the program 

sallybrabbit_0-1604787845320.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! I'm going nuts - for a week and a half I cant work on and save any files without this box appearing, forcing me to quit. I have reinstalled and cleared cache, saving in different locations - bothing is working - help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! Ae start to save automatically (not auto save activated) and stuck on 0%

it creates a file double as shown in the screenshot

Please help!

AE CC2020 17.5.0

Running on iMac Pro 2017

Catalina vers 10.15.7

Schermata 2020-12-02 alle 22.37.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact same thing is happening to me. Only with one project though, not with every project. And I've tried changing the name, relinking things, turning off auto-save, nothing works. So frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue because it's happening to me right now...I can save a copy but cannot Save As

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maryv77248336 & Steel Breeze Media,

Sorry for your issue.

What's the version of your OS and After Effects you're using? Please make sure that your project file has Read & Write permissions. Also, try changing the permissions for After Effects as instructed in the following article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have the same issue on the last version on after effects 22.1.1 we have a project from 22.0.1

When we try to save for the second time it crash, and it creates number after the filename...

Any idea or solution ?

Windows 10 uptodate 21H2 19044.1469 / all forder have no check box on deny access...

thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution:

Go to your desktop, right click on Recycle bin > "properties" > then selecet each drive and click on the option "Don't move files to the Recycle bin, remove files immediatley when deleted.

This will prevent all your deleted files from clogging up your drives and will allow Adobe programs to store temporary files they need to open files with in the programs or save files. (basically any action that requires Windows Explorer.)

This solution is for Windows, I'm not sure if this applies to Mac users.

The recycle bin in Windows uses hidden space on all the drives on your computer to store deleted files. And they're hidden! So when you try to open an Adobe program, more likely than not it will crash if your drive is "fake full". even saving files will hang and crash these programs. Also note, if your drives are normally full, this will happen too. Make sure to always leave some spare space on drives for temporary files.

More solutions:

You can also delete cache and media files in after effects under "Edit > Purge"
If this doesn't work you may have other programs using too much RAM like your browser. (even if it's closed it may still ahve tabs stored in memory(be sure to close all Chrome programs running by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and looking for each one right clicking and close.
Or you might have faulty RAM. Or Services that are not running (Adobe core services).
Or Antivirus software preventing saving, or a Security setting in Windows that has exploit protection on folders (highly unlikely but user error could have changed these settings).
Or Drivers for your graphics card or Adobe cloud may need to be updated, or finally one of your plugins needs an update or is not compatible. And may need to be switched off or deleted.

I'm sure there are more solutions, good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines