AE 2020 crashes while saving the project

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the 2020 update, a (reasonably simple) project now has an issue where every time I adjust ANY keyframes or timing of clips and then attempt to save, AE will get stuck on "Saving 0%" before not responding and forcing me to force quit. I have tried purging all memory and disk cache, as well as copying all attributes into a brand new project but the issue remains. Anyone else had similar problems with a fix? Because right not AE is basically useless as I can't save any work. 

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, FAQ, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE 2020 crashes while saving the project

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the 2020 update, a (reasonably simple) project now has an issue where every time I adjust ANY keyframes or timing of clips and then attempt to save, AE will get stuck on "Saving 0%" before not responding and forcing me to force quit. I have tried purging all memory and disk cache, as well as copying all attributes into a brand new project but the issue remains. Anyone else had similar problems with a fix? Because right not AE is basically useless as I can't save any work. 

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, FAQ, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 26, 2019 3
Contributor ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have clearly been a lot of issues with the recent update. We here would all love to help and fix any bugs you find, but you have to provide us with more information, such as your OS, version of AE, hardware specs, screenshots, and anything else. It's very hard for us to solve a problem without any information!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow helpful

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that. Ideally, saving the project should not make any application crash. In addition to the information asked by @Nathan_Lovell_52 above, I'd like to know more details:

• Does the application crash while saving to any particular location?
  • Have you tested multiple projects?
  • What happens when you choose File > Save As instead of File > Save? (just for troubleshooting)

Looking forward to a response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happening the same thing with me if I save a project for the first time, or try to import a file,

AE crashes on me and I can't work anymore, for weeks !! tried everything, but submitting a ticket, already.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Hit save and it freezes on "Saving project... 0% complete" 

Running Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 

Abode AE 2020

-

Note: Sometimes the save goes through, but a lot of times it crashes the program 

sallybrabbit_0-1604787845320.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! I'm going nuts - for a week and a half I cant work on and save any files without this box appearing, forcing me to quit. I have reinstalled and cleared cache, saving in different locations - bothing is working - help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! Ae start to save automatically (not auto save activated) and stuck on 0%

it creates a file double as shown in the screenshot

Please help!

AE CC2020 17.5.0

Running on iMac Pro 2017

Catalina vers 10.15.7

Schermata 2020-12-02 alle 22.37.15.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0