Highlighted

AE 2020 Error 3 :: 0 saving presets

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just got After Effects 2020. I am wanting to save a preset that I created on a text but when I try to "save animation" it always says "After Effects Error /applications/adobe after effects/presets/text/expressions/glow22.ffx (3::0)". How do I fix this problem? it seems like an easy fix but Im stumped!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE 2020 Error 3 :: 0 saving presets

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just got After Effects 2020. I am wanting to save a preset that I created on a text but when I try to "save animation" it always says "After Effects Error /applications/adobe after effects/presets/text/expressions/glow22.ffx (3::0)". How do I fix this problem? it seems like an easy fix but Im stumped!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you get more error messages like not found, unable to get access etc?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you trying to save the preset? AE creates a User Presets folder that you should be using.

What happens if you just select the Scale property of the text layer and try and save a simple scale preset. It doesn't matter what you have in the scale property, you are just saving a user preset. If that works then the error may be generated by selecting properties in the text layer that are not controllable. I've never seen AE do that but there could be a bug. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 0