• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE and AME dynamic link issue.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm haveing an issue with exporting videos via AME. It worked fine until now. Entire Creative Cloud is up to date with latests versions. AE 17.1.3 (Build 41), AME 14.4 (Build 35).

When I click export -> Add to Adobe Media Encoder queue, nothing happens. If I try manualy import project into AME with File -> Add After Effects Compositions, the Dynamic link error window shows up which says: "Could not connect to adobe after effects please verify that adobe after effects 2020 is installed". If i try to drag-n-drop the composition from AE to AME it says the same.

The things I tried are:

- uninstall complete CC with and without user settings

- clean install CC

- older versions of AME and AE

- beta version of AME and AE

- reboot after every step

- the CMD trick which i found on google

- disabling default windows firewall (only one i have)

The only "solution" or better word would be workaroud is Exporting with native AE render to .mov and then .mov to .mp4 with AME. Which is not an solution because im rendering twice and loosing quality.

Im on Windows 10 PRO 64bit (10.0, Build 18362). The system worked fine for the past 2 years, and suddenly it decited to stop doing that. Could you please help me out, my workflow is affected and the client don't accept "broken Adobe" as an answer!

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for the detailed post and sorry for your issue.

Please try installing the latest release of After Effects (17.1.4) and see if that brings any change.

Let us know how it goes, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to 17.1.4 did not resolve the problem. The error is still here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for keeping us updated. Would you mind trying the following steps:

1. Close all the Adobe applications.
  2. Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  3. Rename dynamiclinkmanager as dynamiclinkmanager_old and dynamiclinkmediaserver as dynamiclinkmediaserver_old.
  4. Launch After Effects and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I did that but still no luck. The folders were renamed to _old and nothing happend. The error still persists. New folders were created automaticaly. Again rename to_old2, reboot, and now windows busy mouse showed up for a brief second but that's all. Error still here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying that. Would you mind creating a new user account with admin rights and test Dynamic Link in it? It'll help us to understand if it's user account related.

Let us know if it works better in the new user account.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with new user account (admin) and did not work. The problem is the same there as with the main account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, it seams I did fix it somehow. The solution in my case was rather ridiculous.The mice dongle which was plugged in from the begining started to conflict with AE dynamic link somehow. USB 3.0 in front of the PC tower. I unplugged the dongle and now everything works as it should.

Another problem related to AE RAM usage was also fixed. For some reason, Max Allowed Memory in Preferences -> Memory settings was restricted to 1 GB, even though there are 16 GB of RAM installed.

RAM reserverd for other applications was always set to 0 autmatically. If I changed the number, the settings were not saved.

Now after dongle switch, everything is back to normal, grass is green and sun is high up in sky.

Strange indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines