Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE CC 2020 BUG: Initializing Animation Presets

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having an issue with After Effects CC 2020.

Each time I open the program, when I first use certain third party plugins / scripts, it triggers the 'Initializing Animation Presets' loading bar each time.

The plugins that I've noticed this is happening for are: DUIK, RubberHose2 and Ouroboros.

When I first click an action on each of those scripts, it causes a big hang, and then also a new folder in the Effects & Presets tab appears, called 'missing'

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 10.43.14 am.png

What I think is happening is that each of those scripts has a hidden .ffx preset file or pseudo effect in User/Library/Application Support / (script name), and AE is trying to load it up on first use.

Once it's loaded once, it appears in that 'missing' folder and then the initializing panel doesn't appear the next time it's clicked.

I'm on a mac, and still running AE 2018 with the same plugins and scripts, and all are working fine in 2018.

Thanks,

Danny

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add further:

In CC 2018, it actually does the same thing in generating the 'missing' folder in the Effects & Presets tab.

BUT

In 2018 the whole process is lightning quick. You click on RubberHose, DUIK or Ouroboros and in a split second it's loaded and that 'missing' process happens in the background.

In CC 2020, the process is interrupted by a slow 'Initializing Animation Presets' loading bar every time I load one of the above scripts or a unique action in the above scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines