Highlighted

AE CC Error (86::1)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to relink an AE CC 2017 project with photos and footage that had been moved.

I do the replace command and navigate to the missing file. When I click ok I get (86::1) which is After Effects error: Unsupported video bit depth in source file. 

This project worked fine last November. No issues what so ever, now when I try and relink, it's not working

Anyone have an answer?

much appreciated

jack

Sorry about that, JackB. Can you file a case here? Contact Customer Care

Thank,

Kevin

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE CC Error (86::1)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to relink an AE CC 2017 project with photos and footage that had been moved.

I do the replace command and navigate to the missing file. When I click ok I get (86::1) which is After Effects error: Unsupported video bit depth in source file. 

This project worked fine last November. No issues what so ever, now when I try and relink, it's not working

Anyone have an answer?

much appreciated

jack

Thank,

Kevin

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What format is your original file? I mean the file which is "Unsupported video bit depth in source file". Do you have any difference between your current AE CC 2017 and AE used last November?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jackb,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope. It needs to have the files on the system folder, rather than one of my fast drives. It’s strange. I can’t seem to find a work around.

There are a ton of files, and my system drive is not big enough.

jack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this ever get resolved? I am having the same issue. I can confirm that copying a single file to the desktop and then back again does correct the issue. However, I have over 3K files and it would be too time-consuming to do this for every file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having what looks to be the same problem. Has this been fixed yet?

I have tv commercials with hundreds of png and jpg product images. I moved the image files to a different folder and when I go to relink them, I now get this error. Putting them back did not help. These are images that worked with previous version of AE so the only difference is the new version. Please help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same error but based on the file name, trying to load jpgs into my project, all saved from the same file, all named the same ending in 01, 02 , 03 etc etc. The 01 file will not upload error says 'this source has a bad header'. Ive change the name etc, no luck...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just went through this. The files have incorrect permissions which can only be remedied AFAIK by copying each file to desktop and replacing. Then you can move the files off desktop into a new folder and replace in AE again. You can't move a folder of assets to desktop, just one file at a time. Time consuming but works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx. I'll give a roll. Btw what corrupts the permissions? Is it something I did or is this just a gremlin that happens every once in awhile? Thx. Jack

Sent from a magical place

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's beyond me but a chat line discussion with an Adobe tech got us to this solution. My project had originated from another compositor. I tried copying the assets folders to  other int and ext drives as well as changing (windows 7) permissions but nothing else worked. Desktops are sacred.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem today on a standard .jpg file. I have tried:

• Opening the source .AI file and re-exporting it. - still get the error
  • Opening the .jpg file in Photoshop and "save as" .jpg. - still get the error
  • Opening the .jpg file in a new project. - still get the error
  • Renaming the .jpg file to pleasepleasepleaseimport.jpg. - still get the error
  • Renaming the .jpg file to davidsimonsisgod.jpg. - still get the error

Other .jpg files seem to open just fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally just used the .AI file. But the old tester in me wants to get to the bottom of this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! How do we fix this?!

I need to make revisions to an old project, and Ae refuses to read the assets!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines