Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE CC2018 - 3D Camera Tracker Freeze

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I am trying to stabilize some 360 drone video using the VR Comp Editor. After applying the AE 3D Camera Tracker, it starts analyzing in the background nicely, but once finished analyzing, it seems to freeze while "Solving Camera" shows. I've been waiting for like an hour, and re-started AE and the computer and everything, but still stops at this point.

AE 3DCamTracker_freeze.PNG

Weird thing is, I already did stabilize this very footage once successfully, but wanted to refine something and do it again, and now it just stops here and won't move forward. AE however doesn't freeze, I can pretty much do anything in there, but this "Solve Camera" thing won't finish. And not just this footage - now the same thing happens each time I want to stabilize any other 360 footage, even in a new project..

I know it's a new feature originating from Mettle, but I hope it's not buggy, because this is work I'm doing with deadlines, and this was already working nicely with Mettle..

Thanks for any quick help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

AMD processor can't do motion tracking in AE, you need an intel to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem right now with AE CC18 (although I happened to encounter it in CC17 already). Tracked it once and camera was solved. Tracked same shot again to refine: Camera solve limbo. Whole of AE freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem, did the tracker on a 26 second clip, it analyzed but has been "Solving" for a very long time, in the past this never took that long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you done this before? If yes then it's a bug, if no then is your processor AMD or intel? AMD can't do the tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean AMD can't do the tracking? I have an AMD and I'm having this exact error, any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD processor can't do motion tracking in AE, you need an intel to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Nexahs, AMD processors have been removed from System Requirements entirely.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin ,

What does this mean for any one using a MacPro with AMD Cards? or anyone using a Mac? (as AMD were standard in mac for several years)..... Are Adobe going to support these cards or will all mac users need to change their graphics cards just so they can use camera tracking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dual Xeon (intel) system on Windows 10, freezes constantly when using 3D camera tracker, actually after about 15 attempts with various pieces of footage, no joy at all..  You guys broke it, bring it back.

Using 2017 works perfectly..  You guys messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with AE CC2018 (Win10, Nvidia GPUs), and it's driving me nuts. I opened the same footage in AE CC2014 and 3D Camera Tracker tracks and solves no problem. But something in 2018 makes it stall out trying to solve camera.

Anyone else find a solution to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Same problem here. Just updraded to the new CC2018. But the camera tracker does nothing. When i activate the tracking, nothing happens. Neither on windows (Intel CPU, Nvidea GPU, windows 7) or Mac (MacPro the can version).

Just installed CC 2015. Camertracking works in this version, but not in CC 2018. I think it is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe Fix this problem update cc 2018.

Not working 3D camera tracker and stabilizer. Premiere PRO and AE not import .avi format and have problem with movies alpha channel.

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 1.00.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-26 at 12.52.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem, with AMD processor, BUT..

I already cut and tracked one ball flight video all the way through. Now I am moving to a different section of the same video to track and it gets stuck on 70%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines