Highlighted

AE Clone tool broken - paint/clone disappears

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to use the clone tool like always. Layer panel, all the normal settings. I press alt, now start cloning. As soon as I let go, the clone line I've painted disappears. I updated after effects, restarted my computer, same problem. Anyone else see this happening?

SOLVED: 

In the paint panel under brushes, switch "duration" to CONSTANT

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE Clone tool broken - paint/clone disappears

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to use the clone tool like always. Layer panel, all the normal settings. I press alt, now start cloning. As soon as I let go, the clone line I've painted disappears. I updated after effects, restarted my computer, same problem. Anyone else see this happening?

SOLVED: 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED: 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
fogfilm LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so i'm having a similar issue. however the duration is set to constant and the effect is only dropping out on a few random frames. whenever i change any other layer in the comp, even if it doesnt directly affect my clone stamped layer, the entire effect disappears. anyone have thoughts?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0