• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE crashing every 20-30 minutes

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I really hope someone can help because adobe support is non-existent. 

Current AE is up to date 17.1.4 and screenshot shows my computer

I started a new project a few days ago and it started crashing repeatedly. It's very simple. Just 2 comps with shape layers. I imported a couple of video clips and png's originally. When troubleshooting with Abobe they had me import my project into a new project and they had me reset my preferences. Did not help. 

Today I started a brand new project and only imported 4 png's and it started again. The only effects I'm using on any layer are fill and roughen edges. That's it. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled AE tonight. Deleted png's. Imported project into new one. And still crashed.

I don't know what to do. My other much more complicated project is fine. Zero problems.   

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use a process of elimination.

Turn of GPU acceleration. 

Convert PNGs to PSDs efore importing.

Apply effects one by one and test extensively before adding another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just remade part of the project. imported nothing. seemed good. and then about 45 min later, crash. It's when I'm working on a bunch of rectangular shapes. it seems like it must be that. But only 2 nulls that control color and a bunch of rectangles. 

Is there any way it could be either

1. the shapes' fills point to one of the two nulls (each having a fill effect), OR

2. the expression I have for anchor point?  

"R = thisLayer.sourceRectAtTime();
T = R.top;
L = R.left;
W = R.width;
H = R.height;
[L+W/2,T+H/2]"

Those seem like ridiculous things to cause this, but there's NOTHING else going on in the project. : ( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi derekl4507163,

Sorry for the After Effects crash issue.

Please check if After Effects is generating any crash report. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-after-effects-crash-logs-on-your-comput...
Also, are you using any third-party plug-ins? If so, try removing them and see if that brings any change.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I told support i had crash logs. Uploaded them. And then no one responded for the rest of the day. I have them; I don't know how to make that help me. Unless someone can look at them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines