Highlighted

AE Crashing When Using Paint

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to paint on a layer. Wehn i double click on it and get the window view where I paint, the blue bar under it (render) gets stuck. Then it goes berzerk and flashes  Sometimes that blue busy circle stalls and I have to re-boot AE.

I do have about 100 strokes on the layer.

My Cache is clear, hard drive and memory and CPU and GPU are not taxed. Why would this happen?

Thanks.

System Specs:

W10 Pro, 64

Intel i7 6700K;

MSI Z170A Gaming M3;

G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAMl

MSI GeForce GTX 1050

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE Crashing When Using Paint

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to paint on a layer. Wehn i double click on it and get the window view where I paint, the blue bar under it (render) gets stuck. Then it goes berzerk and flashes  Sometimes that blue busy circle stalls and I have to re-boot AE.

I do have about 100 strokes on the layer.

My Cache is clear, hard drive and memory and CPU and GPU are not taxed. Why would this happen?

Thanks.

System Specs:

W10 Pro, 64

Intel i7 6700K;

MSI Z170A Gaming M3;

G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAMl

MSI GeForce GTX 1050

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jimlolo,

Sorry for your issue. We'd need more information to troubleshoot the issue properly.

What are the details of the footage you are working with (frame rate, frame size, format/codec)? Is it happening with a particular project or all of them? Also, check if you can find any crash logs: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-after-effects-crash-logs-on-your-comput...

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happening only in 1 project. I do have about 300 paint strokes and 400 clone painting strokes, but they are spread out over the 1 minute video. It seems just to take forever to display 1 frame to the next. The frames where it happens seem to only have 4-5 strokes per frame.

Framew rate is 25/sec, size 444x250.

Seems no crash logs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Could you try changing the Renderer to Mercury Software Only from File > Projects Settings? If that doesn't help, try importing your project into a new one and see if it helps. Also, I would suggest lowering the preview resolution.

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0