Highlighted

AE doesn't render last frames and is messing with my zen

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

This is a rambling message/rant/concern/query kind of post.  I'm just typing while also trying to find a workaround.

So you know in advance, I'm not working with video footage - I'm working with animation frames.

Because I'm using Pixel Motion Blur - all shots are split into their own comps & precomps.

I'm having a nightmare with AE. 

AE gets to the last few frames of a layer/comp and just hangs there - pressing the stop button in the render queue only changes the stop button to 'continue' but doesn't actually work.  I'd have to force close AE or restart my system.

This isn't solely an AE thing - but nowadays , AE, AME & Prem seem to intertwined with eachother.

I stopped exporting from within Prem and used AME because pressing the stop button in Prem also did the same thing as AE

The last few frames issue would still happen but at least I didn't have to restart Prem and could just force close AME.

I've also stopped using Dynamic Link and instead export the shots directly from AE as tiffs and bring them into Premiere.  This can save hours of export time and if the crash happens at the end of a shot (could be any shot within the animation) I don't have to try to re-export the whole video again and it possibly re-fail

I've found ways around this issue in the past where I've gone to the end of the shot and have had to set it to freeze on the last frame for the shots comp, precomps and everything in it.  That way it tricks it into thinking it's not finished the comp.  That hasn't worked this time.

Now, I'm faced with AE not even loading the frames anymore - well, they load in but AE doesn't process them and just shows a blank canvas with just the AE UI colour.

After restarting my system - it now shows the frames but switching frames isn't working properly, it's not processing them correcly..... The comp window goes black, loads the frame then does the same when going to the next frame - and the same when going back....... and it still doesn't export them becuase they don't seem to be caching or anything. 

==========================

So, to sum this all up..... Does anyone know what the hell is going on?

Any input would be great because we're always outputting animations and 80% all the time I have this issue. 

Thanks,

Sean

TOPICS
Crash, Dynamic link, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE doesn't render last frames and is messing with my zen

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

This is a rambling message/rant/concern/query kind of post.  I'm just typing while also trying to find a workaround.

So you know in advance, I'm not working with video footage - I'm working with animation frames.

Because I'm using Pixel Motion Blur - all shots are split into their own comps & precomps.

I'm having a nightmare with AE. 

AE gets to the last few frames of a layer/comp and just hangs there - pressing the stop button in the render queue only changes the stop button to 'continue' but doesn't actually work.  I'd have to force close AE or restart my system.

This isn't solely an AE thing - but nowadays , AE, AME & Prem seem to intertwined with eachother.

I stopped exporting from within Prem and used AME because pressing the stop button in Prem also did the same thing as AE

The last few frames issue would still happen but at least I didn't have to restart Prem and could just force close AME.

I've also stopped using Dynamic Link and instead export the shots directly from AE as tiffs and bring them into Premiere.  This can save hours of export time and if the crash happens at the end of a shot (could be any shot within the animation) I don't have to try to re-export the whole video again and it possibly re-fail

I've found ways around this issue in the past where I've gone to the end of the shot and have had to set it to freeze on the last frame for the shots comp, precomps and everything in it.  That way it tricks it into thinking it's not finished the comp.  That hasn't worked this time.

Now, I'm faced with AE not even loading the frames anymore - well, they load in but AE doesn't process them and just shows a blank canvas with just the AE UI colour.

After restarting my system - it now shows the frames but switching frames isn't working properly, it's not processing them correcly..... The comp window goes black, loads the frame then does the same when going to the next frame - and the same when going back....... and it still doesn't export them becuase they don't seem to be caching or anything. 

==========================

So, to sum this all up..... Does anyone know what the hell is going on?

Any input would be great because we're always outputting animations and 80% all the time I have this issue. 

Thanks,

Sean

TOPICS
Crash, Dynamic link, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2020 0

Have something to add?