Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Duplicate Project files wont delete

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I just recently started using AE, I created a video and during the process in the project file I had duplicate files. I tried the normal way of consolidating all footage and removing and reducing and it's done nothing. 

Is there a way other than above or even third party software I can use to remove the duplicate files? 

I have looked all over Google and YouTube and I cant find an answer for on a Macbook. 

I looked at the Q&A from Adobe did it and nothing. 

Any help would be wonderful. 

It's all for a project for my music and to try and get a new job, so it means a lot to me as it's part of a portfolio I'm creating. 

d[-_-]b

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Thank you, it makes sense but I did find a way! I didnt find this on YouTube either. I managed to get everything I was using in one folder. 

So I highlighted everything in my composition section I was using and I precomposed it together.

Next, in the project section I highlighted it the Master one I had just precomosed. Then went to collect files and selected in the drop down box just composition and ticked reduced.

Once it saved and did the process, it went to open AE and I cancelled it and clo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consolidating and reducing will only get rid of files that aren't in use in a composition. Even though you're not using the duplicates, is it possible they're in a comp? You can figure out where an asset is used by clicking it in the Project panel, then at the top looking at the usage stats (see attached screenshot). You can then click where it says "used x times" and see a list of all the compositions where your media is used. If you see this text when your media is selected then it will not be removed when you consolidate your project.

davidarbor_0-1604087621079.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it makes sense but I did find a way! I didnt find this on YouTube either. I managed to get everything I was using in one folder. 

So I highlighted everything in my composition section I was using and I precomposed it together.

Next, in the project section I highlighted it the Master one I had just precomosed. Then went to collect files and selected in the drop down box just composition and ticked reduced.

Once it saved and did the process, it went to open AE and I cancelled it and closed down. Then reopened AE and imported the Master composition I just collected and it did it! All the files relevant and only once not repeated in the project section.  I clicked on all the folders and explored to double check and like you mentioned above files in use. It went from 22,000 prior to 27! Maybe if anyone is struggling with duplicates and like me you had the same issue it helps.

d[-_-]b 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad to hear that you solved your issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines