AE error overflow converting ratio denominators 17 :: 19

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm constantly receiving a message about an error: overflow converting ratio denominators (17 :: 19) when i try to edit my image clips (i masked them). I found solutions only about the error 17 :: 18. I use cc 19 version 16.0.0 (build 235). Can anyone help me with it? It's kinda annoying

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

132

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Did you buy any chance find a solution for this yet? 

I just started experienceing the same thing today and I tried to apply all the recommended fixes for (17 :: 18 ) to no avail

Horrible timing too

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears this problem happens when you have masked objects and either change the frame rate for the file, or bring in compositions that have a different frame rate. Even if everything is integer for frame rate (the usual reported cause of this). I've deleted the masks, then redone them, and it APPEARS to have fixed the problem. You might think AE would tell you WHERE the problem is originating from, but no such luck.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, has anybody fixed this issue? I'm experiencing the same error and it's taking me a long time to finish a job. 😞

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my comment above. This may be ONE set of circumstances that cause this error, but in my case locating and deleting the mask fixed hte problem. I then just recreated the mask at the new frame rate and I've had no problems since. Unfortunately, I don't think this is the only thing that can cause this error. Most comments have involved locating an embedded movie or composition where the frame rate is not an integer, but I didn't have any. Deleting the mask worked.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sean. I do have a mask on one of the imported video and I do think it's the main cause. Unfortunately after I open the project again the error message popped up, and then I cannot see the imported video on the composition panel, but it still plays the video and audio in the project (kind of embedded to the project itself), which is very frustrating because I cannot edit it and now I have to re do the whole project again. 😞

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tru dat. But the frustration of doing the rework and having something that actually works pales in comparison to the frustration of an issue that you can't fix or figure out. In my case, not only was I getting the error message, it also froze up the keyframes associated with the masked object. I could only select them by doing a marquee select, and could only move them with the arrow keys, not by dragging (they were slider control settings...should have attached it to a null object, so at least I learned that). When Adobe products have bugs, they don't mess around.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines