• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE error overflow converting ratio denominators 17 :: 19

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm constantly receiving a message about an error: overflow converting ratio denominators (17 :: 19) when i try to edit my image clips (i masked them). I found solutions only about the error 17 :: 18. I use cc 19 version 16.0.0 (build 235). Can anyone help me with it? It's kinda annoying

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Did you buy any chance find a solution for this yet? 

I just started experienceing the same thing today and I tried to apply all the recommended fixes for (17 :: 18 ) to no avail

Horrible timing too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears this problem happens when you have masked objects and either change the frame rate for the file, or bring in compositions that have a different frame rate. Even if everything is integer for frame rate (the usual reported cause of this). I've deleted the masks, then redone them, and it APPEARS to have fixed the problem. You might think AE would tell you WHERE the problem is originating from, but no such luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, has anybody fixed this issue? I'm experiencing the same error and it's taking me a long time to finish a job. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my comment above. This may be ONE set of circumstances that cause this error, but in my case locating and deleting the mask fixed hte problem. I then just recreated the mask at the new frame rate and I've had no problems since. Unfortunately, I don't think this is the only thing that can cause this error. Most comments have involved locating an embedded movie or composition where the frame rate is not an integer, but I didn't have any. Deleting the mask worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sean. I do have a mask on one of the imported video and I do think it's the main cause. Unfortunately after I open the project again the error message popped up, and then I cannot see the imported video on the composition panel, but it still plays the video and audio in the project (kind of embedded to the project itself), which is very frustrating because I cannot edit it and now I have to re do the whole project again. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tru dat. But the frustration of doing the rework and having something that actually works pales in comparison to the frustration of an issue that you can't fix or figure out. In my case, not only was I getting the error message, it also froze up the keyframes associated with the masked object. I could only select them by doing a marquee select, and could only move them with the arrow keys, not by dragging (they were slider control settings...should have attached it to a null object, so at least I learned that). When Adobe products have bugs, they don't mess around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I don't have any masks in my document and am constantly getting this error message. How do I check the frame rate of files that I've imported? I have run my file through Media Encoder to see if that would help, but it hasn't had any impact. I have MP3, MP4 and WAV files in my document, as well as some .AI graphics, text and solids - no masks, but a guassian blur and some keyframe animation (ie. opacity, position) I've lost so much time on this and need to create 4 more files - am stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I've just spent the last two hours with Adobe Customer Services to try and resolve this issue, so hopefully doing the following will work for you too.

The issue is that one of the videos you have in your project has a frame rate that isn't a round number. So, the solution is to find the video and adjust its frame rate to the nearest round number. For me, the video in question had a frame rate of 23.976fps, so I changed it to 24fps.

You can do this by following the steps below:

1. Locate all the videos in the left panel of your workspace (where the assets that you have imported feature).

2. One by one right click (or CMD + click if you're on Mac) each video and go to Interpret Footage > Main.

3. A window should pop up. Go down to the section that says Frame Rate and see what the frame rate for that video is.

4. If it's a round number (i.e. a number with NO decimal point) you can close the window and move on to the next video. If the frame rate isn't a round number, select 'Conform to frame rate:' and adjust the number in the text box to the nearest round number.

5. Click ok.

To be on the safe side, I suggest that you look through every video to ensure that the frame rate is correct before making further changes to the project.

I hope this helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines