Highlighted

AE fields interpretation looks jagged on static type in the viewport.

New Here ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a strange issue I encountered in AE 2020 (17.0.1) AE 2019 (16.1.1).

Sometimes I need to check copies of  TVC's I rendered with AME for Broadcast.

They are usually MXF OP1a (Codec: XDCAMHD 50 PAL (4:2:2). Field Order Upper First).

When I drag those MXF files into After Effects, they are automatically interpreted UFF (Remove Pulldown Off) and I tick Preserve Edges for best quality.

The Problem is, that static type always has slightly jagged edges. If I turn the interpretation to "off" (like it should be with progressive footage) everything looks smooth. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE fields interpretation looks jagged on static type in the viewport.

New Here ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a strange issue I encountered in AE 2020 (17.0.1) AE 2019 (16.1.1).

Sometimes I need to check copies of  TVC's I rendered with AME for Broadcast.

They are usually MXF OP1a (Codec: XDCAMHD 50 PAL (4:2:2). Field Order Upper First).

When I drag those MXF files into After Effects, they are automatically interpreted UFF (Remove Pulldown Off) and I tick Preserve Edges for best quality.

The Problem is, that static type always has slightly jagged edges. If I turn the interpretation to "off" (like it should be with progressive footage) everything looks smooth. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 30, 2020 0
tom_gla LATEST
New Here ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fields_ae1.jpg

fields_ae2.jpg

Some screenshots to illustrate the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2020 0