Highlighted

AE lagging footage Quicktime problem

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I write to tell that I found something and not to say that I have a problem.

I just spend 3 hours this morning to solve this crazy problem of lagging into the picture.  I made so many tests to trace the origin of the lagging picture while playing the clip into AE an into Quicktime.

And, I have a so big system...  Mac Pro 2019, 8 cores, 768 GB RAM, SSD... 

And the lagging problem is... QUICKTIME.  

I had this idea to output the clip and watch it on an older Quicktime 10.4 (894.12) with Sierra.  And the Clip was FINE.  So, apple is not gentle with us.... again!

Of course, there are some other sources of the lagging, like the size of the clip, the codec, the size of the pix, the RAM.  But the new Quicktime 10.5 (1015.2.1), with Catalina, doen't work properly.

Topics

Error or problem, FAQ, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE lagging footage Quicktime problem

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I write to tell that I found something and not to say that I have a problem.

I just spend 3 hours this morning to solve this crazy problem of lagging into the picture.  I made so many tests to trace the origin of the lagging picture while playing the clip into AE an into Quicktime.

And, I have a so big system...  Mac Pro 2019, 8 cores, 768 GB RAM, SSD... 

And the lagging problem is... QUICKTIME.  

I had this idea to output the clip and watch it on an older Quicktime 10.4 (894.12) with Sierra.  And the Clip was FINE.  So, apple is not gentle with us.... again!

Of course, there are some other sources of the lagging, like the size of the clip, the codec, the size of the pix, the RAM.  But the new Quicktime 10.5 (1015.2.1), with Catalina, doen't work properly.

Topics

Error or problem, FAQ, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?