Highlighted

AE - Looping Playback won't stop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Since the last update, playback occosinally will lock-up and just continue to loop. I hit spacebar, escape, or anything and it doesn't do anything. The only option I've found is to force quit. There doesn't seem to be a pattern as to when or why it does this, but it's very frustrating.  Still hapens even with a cleaered cache and purged memory. When it does freeze up in playback, I've checked the task manager and there is still plenty of proccesing power and RAM avaiable. I've only started experiencing since the last update last week. I will continue to monitor and update. Anyone have any suggestions?

My specs: 

Windows 10

AE version 17.0.6

64GB RAM

GTX 1080 x2

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE - Looping Playback won't stop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Since the last update, playback occosinally will lock-up and just continue to loop. I hit spacebar, escape, or anything and it doesn't do anything. The only option I've found is to force quit. There doesn't seem to be a pattern as to when or why it does this, but it's very frustrating.  Still hapens even with a cleaered cache and purged memory. When it does freeze up in playback, I've checked the task manager and there is still plenty of proccesing power and RAM avaiable. I've only started experiencing since the last update last week. I will continue to monitor and update. Anyone have any suggestions?

My specs: 

Windows 10

AE version 17.0.6

64GB RAM

GTX 1080 x2

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tried reseting Ae preferences?

Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching After Effects. You can release the Alt or Option key when the splash screen appears.

To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Control-Shift-Alt (Windows) or Command-Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the keys when the splash screen appears.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried deleting preferences and it still has occured. The problem is it seems a little random, and I have a hard time replicating it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt/Option when launching After Effects will not do anything. The shortcut for resetting preferences is Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd when you launch AE using the Mouse on the program icon and waiting for the pop-up panel to ask you to delete your preferenes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to see more people have this happen to them. It's definitely a bug in the new version of AE. Please fix this Adobe!!!! This has wasted my time and caused me to lose so much work already today...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi corya87043604,

Sorry for the issue. This issue has been reported and the product team is working on a fix.

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nishu, hopefuly this gets resolved quickly!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi corya87043604,

Just wanted to check, are you still having this issue? Is so, try updating After Effects and see if it fixes the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to post an update. I've found that some of the time I can right click the AE icon in my menu bar and click close. This prompts the save menu which stops the playback. It hasn't worked everytime, but I would say it works around 80% of the times it locks up. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0