• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Mediacore Initialising hangs & then no Video Preview on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I launch AE the program for the first time each day it stalls at 'Mediacore Initialising' and then after 2-3mins continues the loading process. Once AE is loaded, there is no video preview for clips or workspaces.

I have to then exit AE, reboot the iMac, relaunch AE and it proceeds through the Mediacore Initialise and AE loads correctly and all is good. The issue is that if I exit AE during the day or power down, I need to go through the same exercise again... load AE, wait for it to launch, exit & reboot before reloading AE.

Any thoughts? 
iMac is 2019 i9
OS - Mojave

Title edit by Mod.
TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

Thanks for reaching out.

Are you using any third-party plug-ins for After Effects? If yes, remove them temporarily and check if you are able to launch After Effects properly.

Here's the location where to find the plug-ins folder: HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plugins/7.0/MediaCore

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Same problem here. iMac Pro 8 core Vega56. After clean reïnstal AE still the same problem ... Nothing in the mediacore folder ... ??

Thanks,

Bart 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm going back to version CC2019 - no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina 10.15.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Threw everything from adobe away - support files etc. Did an install from scratch - Installed only AE and Media encoder. Bug persists. ;-(

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu - been busy on set, I'll apply your suggestion asap. The real weird thing is that once I wrote the report, I changed one practise. I have an iMac running AE and a Mac Pro running Flame and they are connected on a mini network. Each time I have needed AE over the past few days, I also needed Flame so both machines were powered prior to launching AE. It may well be just luck but with both machines powered AE launched correctly. Maybe it's just one of those things where you call the techo and the machine won't repeat the problem. But I will run a few more tests over the next few days.

My iMac is not running Catalina as I heard AE was not optomised as yet for Catalina... is that the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nishu

Finally got back onto AE and for a few days the problem seemed to go away... today it's happening again so I followed your advice and unfortuanetly that didn't make any difference. The only work around seems to be to reboot each time it happens which is an absolute pain. Any other ideas?

Yes I run other 3rd Party apps from - Red Giant & Video Copilot - but essentailly I was using those apps before using AE 2020 and all was fine. So surely this is a bug in AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

I found in my case the problem. Motion 3. In /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/com.mtmograph.motion-next. If you throw away the com.mtmograph it works fine ...  .  I threw also away a cache file. This seems to be the problem. I'll try to find out which one I threw away ... It was somewhere buried deep in application support ...

Regards,

Bart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

Probably it was this cache file: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache

Still no luck. After a while it re-occurs.

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines