Highlighted

AE not rendering video as shown in preview

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm a LEGO stopmotion animator (brickfilmer) and have been using AE CS6 (because I refuse to pay $20 a month) for my projects for about a year and have had great success. In the last couple of days though, a major problem has surfaced out of nowhere on random projects. My final renders are not appearing as they are shown in preview. In one shot, I composited some single frame muzzle flashes that looked as desired in preview, but we're not visisble in the final render, and my frame rate was held constant 24 FPS in the original clip and the render, so it shouldn't have been skipping frames. In another project, (which is a very different scenario) I applied some motion stabilization which looked perfect in preview, but made one random jump to the bottom left in the final render. I would really like to get to the bottom of these issues, as I've never had any problems in the past. Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE not rendering video as shown in preview

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm a LEGO stopmotion animator (brickfilmer) and have been using AE CS6 (because I refuse to pay $20 a month) for my projects for about a year and have had great success. In the last couple of days though, a major problem has surfaced out of nowhere on random projects. My final renders are not appearing as they are shown in preview. In one shot, I composited some single frame muzzle flashes that looked as desired in preview, but we're not visisble in the final render, and my frame rate was held constant 24 FPS in the original clip and the render, so it shouldn't have been skipping frames. In another project, (which is a very different scenario) I applied some motion stabilization which looked perfect in preview, but made one random jump to the bottom left in the final render. I would really like to get to the bottom of these issues, as I've never had any problems in the past. Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have the layers set as guide layers, which don't render.   You'll need to share some screenshot of your layers with any properties you've set or changed. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is not that the flashes aren't rendering, the smoke after the flash is still visible. The muzzle flash itself is simply not visible. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i have not seen your project and know nothing about how it's set up or what your settings are i can't tell you anything.  Usually when something isn't showing up in the render (when it's NOT rendering) the simplist explanation is an accidental ticking of the guide layer checkbox.  As requested, screen shots of your project are required.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Active Camera view is the only view that will render. Guide layers will not render. MPEG h.264 original footage is often problematic and should be converted to a frame-based visually lossless format before using it in AE. As Gutterfish said, without details and screenshots we can't be of much help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
OussK LATEST
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Gutterfish says we need to see a screenshot to try to help you, anyway sometimes time this happen and purging the RAM and clean the disk cache can help 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0