• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE or PR?

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need to make some short and simple Video for some artists Interviws.

In the interviws will be also some Illustration, and simple logo animation.

Is it better to make everything first in PR and then to do the animation at 

the end in AE or can I do everything at AE?

I will also work with subbtitle for questions and answers.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Mora

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects is a terrible video editor. Edit first, use AE only for those shots you cannot produce in Premiere Pro. I would strongly suggest that you learn about the Essential Graphics Panel and MOGRTS for all of your titling and animated graphics needs. You will only have to create one animation, then you can change all of the text in Premiere Pro. 

If you are going to create subtitles for the whole project that is another completely different workflow and often, a subtitle text document and a different app or even the YouTube tools are much more efficient. 

There will be a great temptation to import the entire Premiere Pro sequence into After Effects and do all the graphics, text, and image animation in the new comp but that is almost always more tedious and time-consuming than editing in Premiere Pro and then working on just the shots you need to work on one at a time in a separate comp in AE. 

Most of my AE work is on shots for films that are thirty minutes or longer. 90% of my comps are less than 7 seconds long and maybe one comp out of 50 has more than one shot. Some comps even have only a portion of one shot. I did one not too long ago that was only a few frames cut of a long shot so put some cloud to ground lightning behind a cowboy riding a horse. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines