Highlighted

AE Particle World sharpness problem

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on an asteroid field. I have a greenscreened object that is particling nicely. But for some reason the rocks looks fuzzy and out of focus. I could have sworn that they were looking normal before and I'm afraid I hit something that has effected the objects.

Thoughts?

Michael

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

Carefully check my screenshot. The nested comp that I am using for the particle is much smaller than the master com and the rock is about the same size as it will be in the final render. If the rock was big enough to fill the HD screen and I used it as a texture for my astroid layer it would be scaled down to about 10%, the quality would suffer, the particles would tale a lot longer to render and there would be no improvement in the quality of the final render. I never meant that you should render a smaller file to use in your final comp.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE Particle World sharpness problem

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on an asteroid field. I have a greenscreened object that is particling nicely. But for some reason the rocks looks fuzzy and out of focus. I could have sworn that they were looking normal before and I'm afraid I hit something that has effected the objects.

Thoughts?

Michael

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

Carefully check my screenshot. The nested comp that I am using for the particle is much smaller than the master com and the rock is about the same size as it will be in the final render. If the rock was big enough to fill the HD screen and I used it as a texture for my astroid layer it would be scaled down to about 10%, the quality would suffer, the particles would tale a lot longer to render and there would be no improvement in the quality of the final render. I never meant that you should render a smaller file to use in your final comp.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is impossible to diagnose without a screenshot that shows all of the modified properties of the rock layer and the Particle world layer. Select them both, press 'uu', and let us see what you are doing. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Rick,

Here are the Jpgs for you check out. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks! Michael

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 8.00.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 8.00.49 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the movie? What does it look like? I've never seen an expression in Keylight for screen balance. Not sure what is going on there. 

Generally, you want the image in the layer you use as a particle to be about the same size as the maximum size it will be in the final comp. That means if the biggest asteroid in the field is going to cover 1/4 of the screen, that's how big the layer should be that you use as a texture.  The quality of the edges in the key also has a great deal to do with the quality of the edges in Particle World. 

I need a little more info and some uncropped screenshots. Here's everything I did. Notice how small the Rock comp is by checking the Project Panel.

Screenshot_2020-05-02 21.12.59_UDo02h.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the notes! I figured out the softness problem.  I was using a file shot on the canon in high speed and it was too small.  I switched it out with the same sized asteroid file as the project file and its smooth and sharp now. 

I do not understand how you can have the file be smaller. I am outputing this to a .mov and importing into premiere  and if its too small it will not fill the screen.  please forgive me, I'm a rookie at AE.

But now I have another problem.  My rocks tend to lose opacity and some of them look transparent. As you can see the max opacity is set to 100% 

any thoughts on this? 

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 10.58.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 11.14.44 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0