Highlighted

AE Performance

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
I'm using AE as a hobby for 45-60 seconds of commercial openers.

Recently I've purchased a new laptop especially for this.

It has Intel Xeon CPU, 64GB Memory, SSD HD, and a powerful graphic card Nvidia P2000.

When I try to watch the preview but it's very slow and of course not in real-time.

I checked the performances in the task manager and the AE only uses 56% of memory and less than 16% of CPU.

What can i do to allow the AE to USE more resources  / make it work faster?

I've already tried all the regular things like minimizing preview res, changing the AE memory setting ETC.

TOPICS
Performance, Preview, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE Performance

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
I'm using AE as a hobby for 45-60 seconds of commercial openers.

Recently I've purchased a new laptop especially for this.

It has Intel Xeon CPU, 64GB Memory, SSD HD, and a powerful graphic card Nvidia P2000.

When I try to watch the preview but it's very slow and of course not in real-time.

I checked the performances in the task manager and the AE only uses 56% of memory and less than 16% of CPU.

What can i do to allow the AE to USE more resources  / make it work faster?

I've already tried all the regular things like minimizing preview res, changing the AE memory setting ETC.

TOPICS
Performance, Preview, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 12, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such thing. The harsh truth is that you got the wrong computer. AE barely uses any GPU acceleration nor parallel processing and even its basic multithreading is limited by how things work internally. those 16% are actualyl just a single core being maxed out and there is really nothing you can do about it beyond that.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 🙂

I read a lot before I bought it, a lot of pros recommended on it.

What do you mean by "the wrong computer"? 

The CPU ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0