• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Rotation tool issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the rotation tool on any 2D element on the screen just spin crazy, the number of degrees goes above 1000 just clicking on it, does anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

The 17.1.4 (Build 37) update had fix my AE rotation with mouse drag bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a bug. Someoen recently already mentioned it. All the same, I stand by what I wrote in that thread: In 20 years of AE I've never bothered using the rotation tools due to its overall quirkiness and lack of precision. Scrubbing the property values in the timeline is much more efficient IMO.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use the rotation tool on a 2D layer select the tool them move the tool as far away as you can from the Anchor Point. If the layer starts spinning then there is something fouled up with your mouse or surface calibration. If you can't fix it with control surface or mouse settings for your OS, then file a specific bug.

As Mylenium said, if you need precision use the Rotation property in the timeline. Click + Drag changes the values by 1, Shift + Click + drag changes the values by 10, Ctrl/Cmnd + Shift + drag changes the values by .1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! thanks for answering, but Its seems like its a bug from the last update, I tested on another pc and im having the same issue, spins all around, I have a G502 calibrated and perfect surface and only happens in rotation property. in 17.1.2 but now in 17.1.3 just goes crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue.  Yesterday was working as expected, this morning AE rotation tool started bugging out.  Asked a friend in another city to check his AE, same thing.  So its definitely a bug with the new update.  I understand its not a popular tool to use, but some people do use it, and its a shame if it suddenly breaks cause it affects one's workflow.  If this is the new way the rotation tool is going to function, it'll be nice to know why.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, untill now i was on the 17.1.1 version and it works fine but since yesterday i am ussing the 17.1.3 version and i have the same problem rotating layers directly on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you are not alone. I can't remember when it started, but I did update my AE recently. So maybe also since then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Windows 10 using Wacom Intuos 4 which used to work fine until the new update. Now rotating on a layer with "W" makes the angle of the rotation go absolutely nuts. A similar thing happens in Cinema 4D if you don't enable "graphics tablet" input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug in AE rotation tool while using mouse. We hope this could be fix on the next update.

Now im using and getting used the rotation layer property.

Please adobe help us on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 17.1.4 (Build 37) update had fix my AE rotation with mouse drag bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm it is working again for my Wacom Intuos 4 on AE 17.1.4. Huzah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this rotation bug too. Also the 'selectingfreeze' bug still occurs. Working on MAC OS Catalina, I Mac 2012.

Is Adobe realy fixing this? I can not work with AE the way i need to . You can look at the problem in this clip: Rotation bug 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines