Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Rotation Tool Problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
Been animating an explainer video on AE 17.1.3 (Build 41) and everything was working fine till very recently when the rotation tool started bugging out. It rotates 500x or more when I move the cursor just a little which never happened before, I went through two other instances of this problem that were put up here, and the solution offered there (namely clicking and dragging further away from the anchor point on the object) doesn't work. Also, I was working the same way I'd been working with the tool before this bug arose and it was working just fine then. So it's not a problem with placing the cursor further away from the anchor point, but a bug that's causing any layer to rotate more than 500x if we use the rotation tool on it to rotate using the cursor. Please help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

The latest version (17.1.4) seems to have fixed this problem.

Thank you very much, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You already find out that this must be a bug - and yep, it seems like so!

Only a bugfix can help here.

There is another post about this issue and dev team is informed.

You can send a bug report in user voice forum - if enough people do this, the issue will get a higher ranking on the devs to-do list and a fix will arrive sooner:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here, if just adobe would stop f*** up for everything they do, it would great.

every single update.... every single fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Very sorry for the frustrating experience. This issue has been reported as a bug and the product team is working on a fix.

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

"Let us know if there are any other questions."

- How can such an obvious bug gets overseen from the Adobe staff software testers?

- When will AE have full GPU support?

- When will AE have full multi-thread support?

Thanks again!

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol. Don't even expect an answer about that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experienceing the same issue and can't beleive such a basic feature major bug can fall through the crack. Using the rotate proprety as a fix is really not working for me in term of workflow for character animation. That definitely reduce my efficiency on a thight deadline contract and it's very dissapointing to see this happening from the adobe team. Hope this will be fix fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! Please fix this Adobe. Super urgent. Can't work like this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here as well ever since new update. this should have been fixed already.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maaaan, this is sooo annoying.

It basically renders a whole tool (!) completely useless. I mean, why is this tool even there in the first place? Why cant we just rotate objects and layers like we do in any other cc app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it was once in the dark ages set like this and they don't like revisiting their software to rebuild it to modern standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.
Please, Adobe, fix it.
I have some deadlines this week and this bug is delaying my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue here. I can't believe I'm paying for this and there hasn't been a fix for half a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, super super annoying! PLS FIX ASAP ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crazy thing is, I seem to have this problem on my PC. The good 'ol trusty Mac seems to work fine. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Working on a project with THOUSANDS of assets that need to be adjusted, and having to open up the rotation property for each layer in the timeline and manually adjusting is not a viable solution. This issue has SIGNIFICANTLY slowed my workflow. This bug needs to be fixed as soon as possible. I am losing time and therefore money, yet Adobe is still happily collecting my CC subscription fees month after month, despite these constant bugs. I can't just tell a clinet, "Sorry my delivery is behind schedule, Adobe is broken again. But it's ok because they said they're on it!"

Please fix. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Rotation is a major transform, not some backwater effect. This completely forced a rework of a recent project. Adobe, how long do we need to wait for a fix. Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having the same issue - any guidance on when this will be fixed? It's making things very difficult, please fix soon 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So its not a fix more of a work around, but installing a previous version seems to have "fixed" it for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, everybody!
I uninstalled the AE and reinstall as a older version (17.0 I think).
The rotation toll works normally, so this can be a "trouble shooter" wile the Adobe don't fix it in a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest version (17.1.4) seems to have fixed this problem.

Thank you very much, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines