Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Script is PC only?

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

my job is to work on more then 4000 clips with Keylight and CC.

I am wasting more then 3 hours every day with typing Clipnumbers and Names into new Kompositions and adjusting Durations.

Yesterday I created a JavaScript with some Help from this Forum. Yesterday I was so happy, because the Script reduced the three Hours to 800ms on my PC.

Today I tried to use my Script at the Company on a few MacPro...and now I would like to destroy something. No Message, no Reaction. The mac allways freeze and I even can not stop or reboot Applications or OS.

And now my Question: Is there any Software to install on a Mac, so AE can work with Scripts?

Thanks for Help

Hirk from Germany

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

You could enable the javascript debugger in the general prefs on the Mac to see if it's a problem with your script that is throwing an error. It's unlikely to be a cross platform issue unless you're doing stuff that accesses the file system. Is it possible your script is coded in a way that it could get stuck in an endless loop that makes AE appear to hang?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects on Mac OS can run scripts.Instructions for running scripts are here.

It's not clear to me what problem you encountered, since you didn't mention exactly what script you were trying to run or where, exactly, it came from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could enable the javascript debugger in the general prefs on the Mac to see if it's a problem with your script that is throwing an error. It's unlikely to be a cross platform issue unless you're doing stuff that accesses the file system. Is it possible your script is coded in a way that it could get stuck in an endless loop that makes AE appear to hang?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my last Test-Script:

#target aftereffects-8.0 //important!

alert("TEST");

This works on my Windows+CS3, but not on MacOS+CS5.

Now I think this is a special Problem at the Companys Computers.

AE also can not Render Files with more than 2.15 GB on a Media Server.

There are some Problems with Network and OS Configuration, I think.

I would have a closer look to this Problems on Windows, but MacOS is an unknown World for me.

Life is stupid.

Thanks for Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> AE also can not Render Files with more than 2.15 GB on a Media Server.

See this:

"Can’t create QuickTime movie larger than 2.15GB across network using AFP"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what this line is for:

Have you tried running one of the built-in scripts? It seems like you're doing something fundamentally wrong but I've no idea what.

Does it work if you just save the following line on its own in a text file called test.jsx and then use File > Scripts > Run Script File:

alert("TEST");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know what this line is for:

Have you tried running one of the built-in scripts? It seems like you're doing something fundamentally wrong but I've no idea what.

Does it work if you just save the following line on its own in a text file called test.jsx and then use File > Scripts > Run Script File:

alert("TEST");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines