Highlighted

AE SDK - How to grey out part of plugin UI

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am developing a plugin using the AE SDK. How do I conditionally grey out a part of the UI ?

This serves 2 purposes

a. I want a functional free version with partial functionality. Complete functionality is activated after the user buys Pro vesion.

b. I want to add the option for compositing from another layer. If the user selects this option, only a part of the UI is activated. Also, a different part is activated if the user does not select compositing from another layer.

Simply use the parameter UI flags PF_PUI_DISABLED and PF_PUI_HIDDEN to disable (grey out) or hide a parameter. Check the "Supervisor" sample in the SDK for how to use it.

TOPICS
How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE SDK - How to grey out part of plugin UI

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am developing a plugin using the AE SDK. How do I conditionally grey out a part of the UI ?

This serves 2 purposes

a. I want a functional free version with partial functionality. Complete functionality is activated after the user buys Pro vesion.

b. I want to add the option for compositing from another layer. If the user selects this option, only a part of the UI is activated. Also, a different part is activated if the user does not select compositing from another layer.

Simply use the parameter UI flags PF_PUI_DISABLED and PF_PUI_HIDDEN to disable (grey out) or hide a parameter. Check the "Supervisor" sample in the SDK for how to use it.

TOPICS
How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 20, 2020 0
Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Toby.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its PF_PUI_INVISIBLE and PF_PUI_DISABLED. However, I was unable to toggle the PF_PUI_INVISIBLE flag and make it work. Perhaps you can only use it as a dynamic flag in PPro. PF_PUI_DISABLED works well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Guest LATEST
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want this to work reliably in AE, you should additionally use

AEGP_SetDynamicStreamFlag(streamH, AEGP_DynStreamFlag_HIDDEN, FALSE, hidden));

and

AEGP_SetDynamicStreamFlag(streamH, AEGP_DynStreamFlag_DISABLED, FALSE, disabled));

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0