• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Startup Errors - Parse Document Empty Document and GPU Sniffer

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I went to open After Effects and got an error I'd never had before.

This error caused AE to fail to launch 

"GPU Sniffer" (see attached)

I found a 'solution' (attached)

But this meant removing my plugins. So I moved them back a few at a time until AE opened, assuming the process of elimination as to which caused the error.

AE opened with most replaced but then I got this error: 

"Parse Document" (see attached)

I closed and opened AE again and it opened the second time without that error - just a warning about my allocated cache space. An error I didn't get the day prior when I was using it. 

Unfortunately in this process, I had to reset my preferences and reboot several times. I uninstalled and re-installed. All of the standard troubleshooting stuff. 

But here's the catch. 

It opens...but clicking on icons sometimes results in nothing. So it's working in a quirky way. 

If I start a new project, a separate Project window opens. If I create a new comp, it may or may not be responsive. 

So something is still afoul. 

Premiere and Media Encoder also crashed on startup, but are now working. I assumed it had to do with video apps since Photoshop and Illustrator were never problematic. 

This is disheartening - but moreso that my 15 minute wait on a call to Adobe lasted over an hour with no one ever answering and my bill is due in a few days for software I can't use. 

Mac Pro: Late 2013

Mac OSX: 10.14.6 (18G87)

Graphics Card: AMD FirePro D700 6 GB

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LillianY,

Thank you for the detailed post and sorry for the frustrating experience. I appreciate the efforts that you put into solving the problem. We'll be happy to help in troubleshooting further.

Does it show any crash report? If so, please share so that we can have a clue. In the meantime, here's what you can try:

1. Remove all the plug-ins from the MediaCore folder (make sure to keep a backup).
  2. Reset the preferences of After Effects.
  3. Launch After Effects and test on a new project and see if it works any better.

It'll help us to be sure if the plug-ins are doing this.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, But I reset preference and remove plug-ins and didnt work.

It crashes everytime. I need to install the last version 17.1

Mac Pro: 2019

Mac OSX: 10.15.5 Catalina

Graphics Card: Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so this is really bad.

i downgrade to the last version and now still crashes in every old project I did.

im in the middle of a project. 
appreciate your time to help me with this 

thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's strange. Please check if After Effects is generating any crash log. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-after-effects-crash-logs-on-your-comput... 

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines