• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE taking WAY TOO LONG to open

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects is taking WAY TOO LONG to open... I mean like 5 -10 minutes.  When it does, it works ok for a while, but soon begins to bog down, get slow, and eventually freeze.

(I'm also having the same bogging down/freezing problem with illustrator!)

I suspect this has something to do with recent windows/adobe updates, but internet searches don't seem to come up with and current solutions.

Is anyone else having the same problem??  What's going on?  It's very hard to get any work done these days. 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info we can't really tell you anything. Start by observing the splash screens, watch the behavior in task manager, check for activities in the system event viewer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium, for your basic troubleshooting guidance.  Splash screen is normal, no errors or anything bizarre, except that it takes an inordinate amout of time.  Then crashes.  For the record, this has never been a problem before. Here's my comp specs:

Windows 10

AMD 3900X, 12c 24t processor

Nvidia RTX 2060 super

32gb RAM, SSD hard drive

... very capable hardware and operator. 

Turns out, this is just another bug-infested Adobe update problem:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-17-1-4-is-now-live/td-p/11439669?page=1

I downgraded to the previous version hours ago, with no problems thus far (*knocks on wood*).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon!  It did crash, and still takes a long time to open the progam..

The splash screen stalls out as screenshot below, or ofen stalls out saying "Cleaning up... Anywhere"

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same problem and I tried EVERYTHING. Windows 10, AE 2021, most recent build. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Adobe, you have the monopoly in motion graphics, use those truckloads of money to revamp your software instead of adding patches to it so that it's useless. Maxon does it. Why can't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may have found a fix. At least it worked for me. Please see this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-won-t-start-stuck-on-quot-cleaning-up-quo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines