Highlighted

AE text looks "crunchy" after render with AME

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've created titles in After Effects. They are text made in after effects. The titles don't move but a mask layer moves on top of them. I'm adding all screenshots of my comp and also of AME settings. Post house asked for QT Adobe ProRes 4444 with alpha channel. My comp is set up as just typed text with the mask layer that moves onto the text (so it's visible) then leaves it. No idea why my text is crunchy. I saw in another post where problems can arise when not lined up to grid which I didn't know. Do I need to have my text lined up on the grid? Included screen of that too.

Any help is appreciated. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE text looks "crunchy" after render with AME

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've created titles in After Effects. They are text made in after effects. The titles don't move but a mask layer moves on top of them. I'm adding all screenshots of my comp and also of AME settings. Post house asked for QT Adobe ProRes 4444 with alpha channel. My comp is set up as just typed text with the mask layer that moves onto the text (so it's visible) then leaves it. No idea why my text is crunchy. I saw in another post where problems can arise when not lined up to grid which I didn't know. Do I need to have my text lined up on the grid? Included screen of that too.

Any help is appreciated. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told this from post -- "titles are crunch around edges, creative intent?" and to that question my answer is no - it was not my creative intent. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0