• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Timewarp takes very long time to render

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title already says, I am using Timewarp to make a looped video (via expression) faster to music. When I activate Timewarp, it takes really long to render in quarter resolution.

Do you have any tips for me? I am using AE over 1 year now.

Thank you,

~SD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Welcome to the world of temporal calculations. Time warp is a resource hog and takes a long time to render. I'd use Time Remapping instead and pick a suitable frame blending mode for the action in your movie. It's still going to take a long time to render but Time Remapping is a better tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to do the same activating Time Remapping directly in the layer? Timewarp effect uses an advanced algorithm based on motion estimation that is very slow and maybe trying to loop a videousing this method can cause these render times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For that loop I used Time Remapping directly in the layer, but when I activate Timewarp (which I need to make the video faster to bass) it takes like 2 minutes for one frame. I can take screenshots if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any effect that involves messing with time is going to take a while... particularly if it's footage like h.264 & mp4.  It has to do with the way those types of footage are compressed.

You want faster renders?  Transcode your video to a good intermediate codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is a "good" intermediate codec you would recommend? What is the fastest and best quality. Don't really care about filesize as it will be deleted anyways after final production.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your skill set in AE has improved to the point that you need a faster computer.  Congratulations!

(I mean that in all seriousness.)

Have you learned how to render Comp Proxies?  Once you get the results that you're looking for with Timeworn, you can pre-render that footage as a Comp Proxy, saving time as you work on other components of your work in AE.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the world of temporal calculations. Time warp is a resource hog and takes a long time to render. I'd use Time Remapping instead and pick a suitable frame blending mode for the action in your movie. It's still going to take a long time to render but Time Remapping is a better tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But for me, it used to be a lot better, even though it did take a long time to render. Now it just almost completely freezes, and then only renders around 1 frame per second in the info tab 

I think when it worked it rendered around 15 to 20 frames per second in the info tab 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines