• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE to Media encoder renders old deleted assets

Participant ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with media encoder, where if I change an asset in AE like audio and even delete it from the project, AME still renders with the old audio. Is it being stored in cache somewhere?  Is it in RAM do I have to restart my computer every time I want to render from AME? How do I fix this?

Side Note: I would be really great if Adobe could add the ability to render H.264 MP4's straight out of AE, instead of having to use encoder. I didnt have these problems until I had to use AME to render.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

I've been deleting those after each render. I also clear the render queue after each render. Nothing. I think it's being stored in cache somewhere in hidden folder or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mike m2c,

Sorry for the trouble. Have you tried clearing the media cache? Steps: FAQ: How to clean media cache files?

Please try & let us know the status.

Related to the H.264 export from After Effects, please fill a feature request. Here is the link: After Effects: Hot (393 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive found that closing and repoening encoder works. Its annoying but it its the simplest way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mike m2c,

Glad the issue is resolved with a small fix. Thanks for letting us know the status.

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue again even after restarting AME so its still a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AME creates a clone of the composition file and renders from that. Changes are not reflected in the AME unless you send the comp to the cue again. Make sure you delete all of old comps in cue and add your edited comps again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been deleting those after each render. I also clear the render queue after each render. Nothing. I think it's being stored in cache somewhere in hidden folder or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, this needs to be resolved if After Effects is going to continue using Encdoer as its rendering platform.  We render a enormous amount of files on a daily basis and require Encoder to be more reliable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then, it's time for you to raise Holy Hell with Adobe.  Good luck that they'll respond with something useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is almost as dumb as the constant crash you get trying to open a previous doc in Illustrator if it's got missing fonts and no other docs open.

Adobe you have all our money some decent testing then actual response to these major bugs would be swell.

Deleting the Cache shouldn't be part of your work flow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And even years after you report... this is still an issue with AME!

AME is totally unstable with 16 GB of RAM.

Why Adobe does not fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the temp files in the render folder worked fine for me. Had deleted text reappearing after rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm pretty new to After Effects and just had this same issue. This suggestion is the one that finally worked for me. Actually I found that the piece that was appearing in the render even though it had been deleted was appearing as an .mp4 file in the render folder along with all the .aep files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines