I have an issue with media encoder, where if I change an asset in AE like audio and even delete it from the project, AME still renders with the old audio. Is it being stored in cache somewhere? Is it in RAM do I have to restart my computer every time I want to render from AME? How do I fix this?
Side Note: I would be really great if Adobe could add the ability to render H.264 MP4's straight out of AE, instead of having to use encoder. I didnt have these problems until I had to use AME to render.
Hi mike m2c,
Sorry for the trouble. Have you tried clearing the media cache? Steps: FAQ: How to clean media cache files?
Please try & let us know the status.
Related to the H.264 export from After Effects, please fill a feature request. Here is the link: After Effects: Hot (393 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps
Ive found that closing and repoening encoder works. Its annoying but it its the simplest way.
Hi mike m2c,
Glad the issue is resolved with a small fix. Thanks for letting us know the status.
I just had this issue again even after restarting AME so its still a problem.
The AME creates a clone of the composition file and renders from that. Changes are not reflected in the AME unless you send the comp to the cue again. Make sure you delete all of old comps in cue and add your edited comps again.
I've been deleting those after each render. I also clear the render queue after each render. Nothing. I think it's being stored in cache somewhere in hidden folder or something.
I'm having the same issue, this needs to be resolved if After Effects is going to continue using Encdoer as its rendering platform. We render a enormous amount of files on a daily basis and require Encoder to be more reliable...
Well, then, it's time for you to raise Holy Hell with Adobe. Good luck that they'll respond with something useful.
this is almost as dumb as the constant crash you get trying to open a previous doc in Illustrator if it's got missing fonts and no other docs open.
Adobe you have all our money some decent testing then actual response to these major bugs would be swell.
Deleting the Cache shouldn't be part of your work flow
Deleting the temp files in the render folder worked fine for me. Had deleted text reappearing after rendering.