Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE using 100% of my SSD while caching

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone !

First, i'm french and i'm sorry if my english is not perfect, I'll try to be understandable.

So few weeks ago, while I was working on a huge project, with a lot of precomps PrPro/AE, my SSD started spiking at 100% when i was on AE (screenshot). To localize the issue, i shut down AE, and everything became again normal. 

I went on this post : https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/problem-100-disk-activity-when-caching/td-p/8719907?pag... and did everything but still, the problem persists

I also discussed with Adobe Care on twitter, here is the thread : https://twitter.com/OpticxEdit/status/1342565267709304832

but same thing, I did everything they asked me and the problem persists

I'm trully desperate, I can't work properly anymore, wherever is the AE CACHE, it spike the driver's usage and slow down everything when caching.

I need your help guys !

EqG__fWW8AIVkCm.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit - preferences - media and disk cache

What settings do you have there?

What size is the ssd?

Is it a seperate drive?

What is going on in your comps... maybe you can split your project into smaller projects?

Lots of questions... 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, thanks for your answer !

I replied to you few days ago but it didn't appear, weird 

So I tried many options, put maximum size to my cache, minimu size too, tried to move it (I got 2 SSD of 1To each), but with all of theses options, the problem still the same and it change nothing.

I also updated each driver, don't help more 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines