• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Video Rendering As Audio Only?

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! So I downloaded this program today and I'm not entirely sure how to use it. I made a video in Adobe After Effects and it played both the audio and the video in the preview. I intended on saving it to my phone camera roll so that I could text it to one of my friends, so I rendered it as an MOV or Quicktime file. But when I went to watch the version I saved to make sure both the audio and the video would play, only the audio played and the video was just a black screen. I can't find any answers on this. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

You need to study up on rendering, codecs and the proper use of the tools. If you customized any setting in AE or in the Adobe Media encoder without knowing what you are doing then you caused your own problem.

To solve the problem either use the default lossless preset in the Render Cue's Output Module and then render a deliverable file as an H.264 mp4 (only format you should be sending to the general public right now) using the Above Media Encoder and one of the YouTube presets that matches you

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

In After Effects choose File-->Export to Adobe Media Encoder Queue.  When the file shows up in ME (Media Encoder) you'll see two lines that both have drop down carets.  The top one is the file project name.  The second one is the encoding method.  Click the second one and choose H.264 to encode both video and audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to study up on rendering, codecs and the proper use of the tools. If you customized any setting in AE or in the Adobe Media encoder without knowing what you are doing then you caused your own problem.

To solve the problem either use the default lossless preset in the Render Cue's Output Module and then render a deliverable file as an H.264 mp4 (only format you should be sending to the general public right now) using the Above Media Encoder and one of the YouTube presets that matches your frame size. Come to think of it, if your composition settings say Custom you have probably also fouled things up. Video has standards that must be adhered to.

To learn about rendering either start here: Basic AE​ or type rendering in the search help field at the top right corner of AE and spend some time studying. Nobody knows how to properly modify render settings without an education.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not how you answer a question, petty and rude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy hell, dude. What a condescending, rude answer. By the way, your reply was not helpful in the slightest. Perhaps you should get educated in how to communicate effectively with people. Nobody knows how to communicate effectively without an education. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with using the default lossless preset in AE is that up until the latest versions AE used the Animation codec which is no longer compatible with QuickTime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was broswing the adobe forum for fun and saw this reponse. Don't care how old this is, just wanted to say that you're a rude condescending pr1ck lmao.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem where I try to export the video to my phone but after I finish rendering it just ends up being a blank screen with just the audio. I tried many things already, but so far I haven’t had any luck. I have ae cc 2020 btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In After Effects choose File-->Export to Adobe Media Encoder Queue.  When the file shows up in ME (Media Encoder) you'll see two lines that both have drop down carets.  The top one is the file project name.  The second one is the encoding method.  Click the second one and choose H.264 to encode both video and audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, kelley! Your suggestion worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this also worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the simple straightforward answer to the rather simple problem!

I'm new to AE too, and there are few things more frustrating than a snobby answer to a noob like myself when I already know that what I'm doing wrong is a procedural, or order-of-operations thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine says i dont have it installed any tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem than the person who posted the question. I'm trying to do it on Media Encoder as you said but I'm not sure what are the two lines you are talking about, I wonder if it looks different now in 2023 than in 2020 when this was posted. 

IMG_5952.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind I could solve it now 😅 it's my first time using AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem. I have already replaced it with H.264, but the result is still the same. My rendered video is still black, and only the audio is there.Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 8.59.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines