Highlighted

AE will not use my GPU

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my progect set to use Open GL not just cpu, whenever I am rendering or doing anything I have 0% of my gpu being used and I can not for the life of me figure out why

RTX 2080 TI

32g Ram

19 9900K

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE will not use my GPU

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my progect set to use Open GL not just cpu, whenever I am rendering or doing anything I have 0% of my gpu being used and I can not for the life of me figure out why

RTX 2080 TI

32g Ram

19 9900K

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE use GPU processing ons some tasks like some effects and acceleration for some overlays on the composition, layer and fottage panels. Does not use the GPU for rendering

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to figure out. You need to educate yourself on how AE works on a general level, how little it actually uses GPU functions and how easy it is to effectively disable even those few and force the program into software-only rendering due to the project structure, render settings etc., the latter of which likely being why you are not even seeing the most minute GPU usage.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0