Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ae wont stop tracking once started

Advocate ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in the interface responds to anything

this isn't just a one-off, it happens all the time.  Or is it just me thats lucky enough to have found this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

I have the same problem. After some time I figure out a work around. Right click on the task bar and right click on AE and use the "Close Window" option. It stop the tracker and bring up the Save/Cancel window. I cancel and save my work, then work my way back to where it lost the track.

Tried everything but seems the stop on tracker is non responsive after 50 frame or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system and version info just as well as details about your comp, footage, track settings etc..

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

system: windows 10, 5820k, gtx1080ti, 65gb ram

comp is a simple mov (its long though - 1 minute). using the stabilise motion track.  (Although doesn't matter what track, once I've started it I cant stop. even when its lost the track completely and going mental, I have to sit there and wait for it to complete before I can do anything else).

task manager reports AE as using 20% CCPU, 30% memory.  But not that its not responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your version of AE is up to date. If you still have problems try transcoding your video to a professional visually lossless mezzanine codec like DNxHR/DNxHD format that should be available with all recent AE releases. Many consumer formats are processor intensive to decode and cause problems in AE. A good DI (Digitial Intermediate) will usually solve those problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GetHo,

Did you ever end up solving this issue? DId you transcode the file? What did you end up doing? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I didn't. I've not tested on new version of AE because I gave up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where's the dislike button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes transcoding can help. I'd suggest trying that first.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcoding to a professional visually lossless mezzanine codec like DNxHR/DNxHD format does absolutely nothing, Once the track starts AE becomes unusable until track finishes.
Start track, track slips, got to wait until its finished to go back to fame 25 of however many to start again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. After some time I figure out a work around. Right click on the task bar and right click on AE and use the "Close Window" option. It stop the tracker and bring up the Save/Cancel window. I cancel and save my work, then work my way back to where it lost the track.

Tried everything but seems the stop on tracker is non responsive after 50 frame or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, that worked for me!!!

Greetings!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this. Got an error message and it shut down LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effects is a PrO tOoL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the help. too bad after effects just isn't up to the most basic of tasks. truly a shame that it still hasn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! 3 years later and this is the only workaround! I'm glad I found your answer! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're a legend sir, 3 years later, this quick and dirty trick still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

So... this error still happens in 2021... Anyway,

What I found out to be working for me is:

Once in the tracking viewport, right in the viewport, TRIM the duration of your clip and the tracker would stop automatically. Then you just expand it till you reach the end of your clip.

Check the screenshot.

Hope it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you ! that method  worked for me .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the only workaround so far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe!

There is literally a square stop button but it doesn't work!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

September 2021: Somehow annoying to know, that this problem exists since at least 4 years and nothing is done about it? Is Adobe even reading this?

To implement an exit function shouldnt be that hard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is one- a pause button. it's nonfunctional- and it doesn't seem like it's going to be fixed any time soon. it's gotten more repeatable with every version, actually, and is getting worse. it happens because the program, despite using few resources, is somehow unable to both keep up with processing and mouse click events or keypresses at the same time. The code just isn't good enough any more because it's gotten so much bulk, and so few updates to actual usability. after all, a good program doesn't impress shareholders, but bells and whistles do.

Remember- the people who fund  adobe are no longer mostly artists, but the ones who pay the artists, so we can no longer expect updates to be things aligned with artist needs, just things bad managers like to push on people in some abstract push toward "measurable productivity."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines