Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AEGP Plugin Element: Leaked effect refs (5027 :: 12) | How to Solve

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks!

I encountered something very very annoying today and I was hoping if someone has a fix or maybe explain what this is.

Every time I load this one particular .aep file it gives me this message:

AEGP Plugin Element: Leaked effect refs
(5027 :: 12)

And its only happening with this one file which was working absolutely fine since last 8 months. Its basically a template which I use nearly everyday. All other files I load are opening just fine, with or without element except this one file which gives me the above mentioned message.

I am using AE CS6

Updated Graphics Card Drivers as well but no luck.

Please let me know if there is a possible fix to this.

Cheers guys!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

I have found a solution to this. Its the Nvidia driver version.

I had the nVidia 378.66 version installed, which is the most recent release. As soon it was updated I started to get this error. Basically this error popped up when ray trace was on. As soon I switched off ray trace, Element worked fine.

What I did was revert back to driver version 372.90. And YES it worked like a charm. No more leaked effect error.

Try this, it should work.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to be more specific about what the file actually contains. Presumably you are referencing something in AE like a group Null or a mask path for an extrusion and some of that stuff may be broken. Likewise something with your 3D comp settings could have changed and the plug-in fail to update settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I Have the same problem. I use After Effects CC 2017 on Windows 10 64bits with a nvidia 970M.

In my composition, I have 4 layers : 1 camera, 1 light, 1 adjustement layer (with "Lumetri color" and "add noise") and a layer with Element 3D.

I try to desactivate my adjustment layer and light, I have the same error. In my mind, it's Element 3D.

In E3D, I use my own UV ( .png file) and on Render Setting, "Lighting", "Ambiant occlusion".

I send a message to VideoCopilot Support too.

Thank guys !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a solution to this. Its the Nvidia driver version.

I had the nVidia 378.66 version installed, which is the most recent release. As soon it was updated I started to get this error. Basically this error popped up when ray trace was on. As soon I switched off ray trace, Element worked fine.

What I did was revert back to driver version 372.90. And YES it worked like a charm. No more leaked effect error.

Try this, it should work.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem but I also installed the old driver neither does it work with both drivers. Can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you recently updated your windows, then just go back to the previous version, and it will work perfectly, that's what i figured out after reinstalling every version of after effects, element, and nividia driver for 3 days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines