Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.aep won't open (no message) (SOLVED)

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm in real trouble here... I'm working on a project on After Effects for several months now.

Everything was find until today : After Effects won't open the .aep file. No message. It just don't !

I send the .aep (without medias) to a friend and he can open it ! We have the same 16.1.3 After Effects version.

Help please !!! I really need to finish this job !!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

I mean to try version 15 too.

Also, try removing all third-party extensions, scripts, and plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doable check the file size of AEP project - maybe it got corrupted on disk? If so, there's nothing anyone can do about it, unless you have a backup version of your project.

Also, can you open any other project? Or AE is only unhappy with this one in question?

EDIT - can you try importing your project into a fresh new project? Or maybe your friend can save the project as a new version and send it to you back? Maybe that would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's for your answer Tomas...

This project is the backup project... This is the only one with this problem.

I aske my friend to save the project and send it back. After Effects won't open it as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing my project intro a fresh new project give me an empty folder named like the project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you import the problematic file into a new file?

Can your friend save the file with a new name and you open that?

Have you rebooted your computer?

Also, just as a workflow note, you should definitely not be working out of the same file for months. Use the save incremental feature! I usually save incrementally after making big changes and at least once a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, these new forums are being weird.

If your friend can open it, but you can't...something is weird on your system. Have you tried rebooting? Have you tried reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam! I tried reboot and reinstalling After Effects...no success !

i have lots of versions of this prokect but I can only open older versions of the project (about 15 days ago) but no one since.

I tried resetting preferences with Alt on launchinf AE... No success...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, your friend can open the project and everything looks fine, but when he sends it to you, you can't open it at all? Have you triend opening it in an older version of AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i did : 16.1.2 / 16.1.1.

This is weird that my friend is able to open my project !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean to try version 15 too.

Also, try removing all third-party extensions, scripts, and plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Szalam, you're my savior !!! A double (???) "echo" plugin was messing up this projet ! It launch oerfectly now !!! Seriously man, if you come in Paris one day, i'll pay you a beer !!! :)))) Thank's a lot !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget to mark a post as correct to close out the thread. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you state the name of this Echo plugin more clearly - is this the native AE Echo plugin? And what do you mean by "double (???) echo"? Thanks.
Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The native AE "echo" plugin was both in "plug-ins" folder and "Effects" folder. I had to delete the first one to be able to open my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines