• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AERender 2020 issue

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using AERender with reuse of AE app instance to render short videos on demand.

With the Application up, it seems like there is a bug that the AERender is not synced with the AE App, result in immediate finish with render error.

I'm using ae_render_only_node.txt flag, tried also without it and got the same result.

However, If I turn the application off (disable the reuse), it works fine (But way slower as it takes time for AE to open and load the project). 

The following flow works perfectly with version 15.

Using version 16 we had some stability issues.

I hope there is a way to get 17 workings as well.

Thanks!

Shani

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to ask the developer to update the app. Adobe has nothing to do with it. I don't use AERenderer, I use Render Garden and so far it is 100% compatible with all of my machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for your answer.

What makes you think it's not an AERender issue?

AERender immediately crashes while rendering with an open instance of AfterEffects.

The issue is only with AE 17 (2020) (on windows machines).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At top, you said it error'd out in AE17; but now, you say it crashes immediately...

Which behavior are you seeing, in AE17? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE Renderer does not use the After Effects you are using to render, it opens a background copy. If it is only crashing on one version of AE and the Output Module, which also uses a background copy, and Dynamic Link through Premiere Pro work, then it is a problem with AE Renderer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me clarify, as "crashing" is not the exact behaviour.

When After-Effects is opened in the background, and we set "-reuse" in the command, then aerender exits immediately while the application GUI starts the rendering.
The behaviour is different than the previous version, in which -reuse also caused aerender to wait until the render is complete.

I hope the explanation is better now.
Please let us know if that's a known behaviour/issue as we would like to upgrade as soon as it will be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also observing this behavior (bug?).

aerender.exe submits the job and exits immediately when using the "-reuse" flag. Previous behavior (e.g. AE 16.1.3) was to wait until the submitted job had finished rendering.

The submitted job does eventually render succesfully, but has to be tracked independently. This is an issue for automated pipeline workflows.

Windows 10 Pro / AE 17.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Shani, any chance you also experiencing unexpected slow render times when job is being processed?

Put it in other words - with CC2020 version  of aerender (17.x.x), it takes ages for project target comp to beging being added into the render queue, as well as frame render times is 10-15times more than in aerender 14.x.x

It seems that something has changed fundamentally in the logic of how aerender.exe works. In case you  are experiencing anything similar - please get in touch thus we might be able to track it down together, as I am  doing some testings to narrow down the issue, not yet successfully.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tom, we haven't encountered any slowness.

But it's true - it seems like things have changed. We are still investigating.

Let me know if you found something interesting 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines