Highlighted

aerender distorts frame but looks fine when rendered in After Effects

Explorer ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using aerender, the output rendered is distorted and not what it's supposed to be.

This was rendered with aerender (distorted):

distorted renderdistorted render

This was rendered from within After Effects (correct):

correct rendercorrect render

The issues only happen on a Windows 10 machine. My other aerender machines are Mac-based and render everything properly.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I get the following warning everytime I start After Effects despite having followed the instructions to update the driver and the NVIDIA utility telling me the latest driver is installed:

NVidia Warning.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

aerender distorts frame but looks fine when rendered in After Effects

Explorer ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using aerender, the output rendered is distorted and not what it's supposed to be.

This was rendered with aerender (distorted):

distorted renderdistorted render

This was rendered from within After Effects (correct):

correct rendercorrect render

The issues only happen on a Windows 10 machine. My other aerender machines are Mac-based and render everything properly.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I get the following warning everytime I start After Effects despite having followed the instructions to update the driver and the NVIDIA utility telling me the latest driver is installed:

NVidia Warning.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to stop any GPU accelerator and if this help so it may definitely a GPU driver issue on a windows machine 

-Oussk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
Explorer ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

How do I stop the GPU accelerator?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
Explorer ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU settings is grayed out and set only to "Mercury Software Only". I don't believe my card is compatible with GPU acceleration. Is there another step I should take to fix the problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0