Highlighted

aerender ERROR An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

: Unable to receive at line 316"

I keep getting this error everytime I try to use aerender (via RenderGarden) on my computer.  It writes 0 kb targa frames but doesn't show any progress in the command line of writing the files, it just throws the error.

Adobe development team... what does this sound like?

Win10, connecting to NAS over SMB, latest update of AE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

: Unable to receive at line 316"

I keep getting this error everytime I try to use aerender (via RenderGarden) on my computer.  It writes 0 kb targa frames but doesn't show any progress in the command line of writing the files, it just throws the error.

Adobe development team... what does this sound like?

Win10, connecting to NAS over SMB, latest update of AE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any exact info about your network configuration this isn't going anywhere.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2019 0
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about this error points to a network issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2019 0
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's more network information: I am running two computers and a server. The server (Jellyfish Mobile) has 10G connections to both computers on separate NICs  (172.27.3.250, 172.27.5.250).

Computer A, the 'host computer' where I am working and doing some rendering, renders fine with aerender.

Computer B, the 'render node' is throwing this error and only occasionally rendering proper frames, the rest of the time it reports the error and renders 0 kb files.

Both machines are letter mapped to the same share in the same way.  I can open projects on either machine. I'm using RenderGarden to initiate the aerender instances on both machines. The render node is what has the issues. I have tried only 1 instance of aerender and i get the same problem. Both machines have the same plugins, same version of ae, etc....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium and Dave LaRonde are on the same spectrum. They like to be condescending first, regardless if they have a solution to a problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2019 1
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for giving my thread a well deserved bump. aerender is very unreliable on my B machine. I can't get deadline or rendergarden to work reliably on it, nor can I get Render Engine to open or render any project without reporting Error NA. Adobe's assistance with this and documention on even Render Engine is poor to non-existant. And yeah... most people will not read past Mylenium's response which doesn't really further the conversation. Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone getting this Error with recent AE 2020, the Update to v17.5.1 fixes it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0