• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

aerender.exe processing - extremely slow - 17.1.3x41

Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,  there is  a problem which I am experiencing after the latest AE updates.|

A brief description:
1. When aerender.exe is called from a command line, to render into image sequences, it takes ages to even begin adding comp into render queue.

2. Once it is added into render queue - processing time / frame takes 20+ seconds. For every frame. 

3. If I render-out the same project, on the same machine through GUI Render Queue - all works as expected, no issues. 

4. Tried the same approach  with aerender of 16.x version - the same problem happens.

5. When the same .aep project is tested in aerender.exe of  14.x, no above described issues occurs. Frame render time takes 1-2 seconds at the most, for the same, identical project. 

This has to do something with aerender.exe itself, because it has worked without problems about a month  ago. Thus - does anyone experienced anything similar recently or at least have some ideas to troubleshoot this further?

Side note -  can it be, that expressions-heavy .aep projects are being treated/calculated differently, in a new logical project order than before? I can provide machine specs, etc, but since this has WORKED in  the near past, I expect this is non-related to hardware. Can it be software updates to troubleshoot?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also on 17.3 and just used aereander.exe (though RenderGarden) today without any issue.

Can you post the full aerender.exe command?

Also make sure that the project in UI queue is rendered at same settings, or that the output images are really the same, no layers missing, same alpha, everthing...

Also, don't run aerender.exe and AE at the same time. Each of them has the potential to eat up your RAM and once out of it, rendering time are going through the roof.

Report back!

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines