• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

aerender multiple instance error command line

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to launch a render via command prompt on windows using AE 2020 and the standard command:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2020\Support Files\aerender.exe" -project myproj.aep
PAUSE

And now I get this error. Any ideas?

: Unable to receive at line 430
aerender ERROR: After Effects can not render for aerender. Another instance of aerender, or another script, may be running; or, AE may be waiting for response from a modal dialog, or for a render to complete. Try running aerender without the -reuse flag to invoke a separate instance of After Effects

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info and other stuff like info about the project, activity in the task manager and so on we can't tell you much. Chances are that this is simply a permissions issue, so at the very least try and run the batch line as administrator. Anything beyond that will require more details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mylenium, sorry I posted quickly this morning while on another job. Here's my system stats:

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX 24-Core Processor
64GB RAM

AE2020 17.5.0.40

Doesn't matter what project I try to render it's always the same error. I thought maybe it was something about AE being open, but even if I close the main app some error. I don't see anything related to AE in the task manager, definitely not aerender.

Tried running the command as administrator and same error. Here's the full error:

*** GPU Warning: Special file 'TempDisableGPU3' found -- skipping GPU3 ***
aerender ERROR An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
: Unable to receive at line 430
aerender ERROR: After Effects can not render for aerender. Another instance of aerender, or another script, may be running; or, AE may be waiting for response from a modal dialog, or for a render to complete. Try running aerender without the -reuse flag to invoke a separate instance of After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like it's a bug. From Adobe:

Hey there,

Sorry for your issue! We're aware of this and are investigating the bug. Meanwhile, please check the workaround mentioned on our known issues page.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines