Highlighted

aerender Syntax Error on simple command line: aerender -help

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AE Community,

I am running AfterEffects CC2020 on Windows 10 64-bit.   

My main issue is initiating aerender.exe.  I am new to this method of rendering and am perplexed that I am stuck right at the first steps.  Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.  Thank you for reading! 

I have a shortcut on my desktop to drop in my .bat file for testing.  See image below.

barbalargas_0-1593102602788.png

When I drop in the .bat file it runs through what looks like a computer hardware check.  Then it gives me a "SYNTAX ERROR: Illegal argument flag" statement at the end.

barbalargas_2-1593102857901.png

Eventually I would like to use something like this to render:

barbalargas_3-1593102925903.png

Again, I am lost as to where I took my first misstep.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and be well.

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

aerender Syntax Error on simple command line: aerender -help

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AE Community,

I am running AfterEffects CC2020 on Windows 10 64-bit.   

My main issue is initiating aerender.exe.  I am new to this method of rendering and am perplexed that I am stuck right at the first steps.  Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.  Thank you for reading! 

I have a shortcut on my desktop to drop in my .bat file for testing.  See image below.

barbalargas_0-1593102602788.png

When I drop in the .bat file it runs through what looks like a computer hardware check.  Then it gives me a "SYNTAX ERROR: Illegal argument flag" statement at the end.

barbalargas_2-1593102857901.png

Eventually I would like to use something like this to render:

barbalargas_3-1593102925903.png

Again, I am lost as to where I took my first misstep.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and be well.

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you would need to set the environment variable as aerender. Does the command run if you type in aerender in Terminal window?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0