Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i have a proplem with my AE

when i edit my video long 3 min

its always go to 13 or 7 sec and the green line or the video stop

plz help i tryed alot for re download and same think.

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

I’d try cleaning your cache by going to edit (Windows) or After Effects (MAC) Preferences/media and disk cache and use the options to clean and empty your cache. Close AE and the re-open your project to see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

You are trying to use After Effects as a video editing tool. It is not designed to edit video, it is designed to create shots that you cannot create in a nonlinear editor like Premiere Pro. The length of the preview depends on the available system resources. The source video in your project is an H.264 MPEG file. That means it is comprised of a few complete frames and a bunch of frames that are predicted by algorithms. That takes resources. Each pixel on each layer is loaded into memory so the t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d try cleaning your cache by going to edit (Windows) or After Effects (MAC) Preferences/media and disk cache and use the options to clean and empty your cache. Close AE and the re-open your project to see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ty that work for me after cleaning  8 gb XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are trying to use After Effects as a video editing tool. It is not designed to edit video, it is designed to create shots that you cannot create in a nonlinear editor like Premiere Pro. The length of the preview depends on the available system resources. The source video in your project is an H.264 MPEG file. That means it is comprised of a few complete frames and a bunch of frames that are predicted by algorithms. That takes resources. Each pixel on each layer is loaded into memory so the things you want to do with those pixels can be calculated and a final pixel created and rendered to the screen. That is a completely different process than a media player or a video editing app uses. You will have to get used to working around those limitations and use AE for creating single shots and on occasion short sequences that you cannot create in your NLE. That what it was designed for. Some of my more complicated projects can take a couple of minutes a frame to render. Most of them take several seconds a frame to render at full resolution with all effects. 

To learn how to use After Effects properly spend some time with the User Guide provided by Adobe on the Product page, by a link in this forum, and even in the Learn workspace and Home Screen in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no i edit the video i Premiere Pro and put one clip to use saber on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you really trying to create a 3-minute clip with the saber effect on the whole thing?  

I just took a 34 frame section of a 4-second clip in a feature being edited in Premiere Pro and turned those 34 frames into an AE comp that I could perform magic on. That is how you efficiently produce visual effects.

If you really need the Saber effect on the whole clip then you're stuck but don't expect to see a full resolution full-frame preview of and HD comp on a computer that didn't cost as much as a car and would heat a 4 bedroom home in northern Minnesota in December.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no just for one clip take 5 sec i didnt know i have to cut the video

its my first month on this adobe app and i was add effects for short clips but i didnt know i can use only short clips

btw thanks for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ty its was 3 min i cut it into 1 min and works with cuting and cleaning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines