Afte Effects Convert to Editable Styles not working

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SPECS

After Effects version 16.1.3

OSX Sierra 10.12.6

Here's a stumper.  Yesterday, I had a Photoshop  file with only one layer of text.  I imported it into After Effects and chose the LAYER / LAYER STYLES / CONVERT TO EDITABLE STYLES.  It worked.  I was able to edit the text.

Today?  Won't work no matter WHAT I do.  And this includes ALL Photoshop files with a text layer.  I have tried reinstalling AE.  Tried trashing preferences.  Restarted the laptop.  NOTHING WORKS.  The icon in the timeline window does not change to the typical "T" icon.  Nothing happens.  I am importing with options:  composition retain layer sizes, enable layer styles.  Then after I import the file, I cannot get the CONVERT TO EDITABLE STYLES option to work.

Please help!

Paul

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  This is so baffling why it suddenly wouldn't work on any Photoshop .psd file.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Afte Effects Convert to Editable Styles not working

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SPECS

After Effects version 16.1.3

OSX Sierra 10.12.6

Here's a stumper.  Yesterday, I had a Photoshop  file with only one layer of text.  I imported it into After Effects and chose the LAYER / LAYER STYLES / CONVERT TO EDITABLE STYLES.  It worked.  I was able to edit the text.

Today?  Won't work no matter WHAT I do.  And this includes ALL Photoshop files with a text layer.  I have tried reinstalling AE.  Tried trashing preferences.  Restarted the laptop.  NOTHING WORKS.  The icon in the timeline window does not change to the typical "T" icon.  Nothing happens.  I am importing with options:  composition retain layer sizes, enable layer styles.  Then after I import the file, I cannot get the CONVERT TO EDITABLE STYLES option to work.

Please help!

Paul

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  This is so baffling why it suddenly wouldn't work on any Photoshop .psd file.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it's not working because this feature doesn't exist? 🙂

I believe it's Convert to Editable Text that you're alluding to. There may be an issue with the specific typeface/font. Try changing the typeface/font in PS and give it another try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0