• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After a few minutes of editing, AE Gives me a GPU memory error

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before today, I have had no problems with my GPU in after effects whatsoever, but today I opened a project and after about 1 minute of editing a error popped up saying "Error: GPU render failed for S_HueSatBright. Falling back to CPU" shortly after I get another error saying "After Effects has encountered a failure related to GPU-enabled effects on this frame. This is likely that your GPU is out of memory." It then suggests using mercury software only, but this works even worse. My project is not significant at all compared to my others GPU wise, its only a few clips with effects such as S_Glow, S_HueSatBright S_filmdamage and some Effects that come with after effects. I have other projects with way more effects than that and I never had any issues. My graphics card is a Nvidia 1050ti, and my pc has 16gb of RAM. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

You are not using native AE effects but the Sapphire effects from Boris FX. Some if these effects use GPU acceleration but maybe you are not using the latest versions of the plugins so try to deactivate GPU acceleration, Go to File > Project Settings, In the Rendering Video and Effects tab, change Use to Mercury Software only and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not using native AE effects but the Sapphire effects from Boris FX. Some if these effects use GPU acceleration but maybe you are not using the latest versions of the plugins so try to deactivate GPU acceleration, Go to File > Project Settings, In the Rendering Video and Effects tab, change Use to Mercury Software only and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes that seems to fix it thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines