• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after affects is unusable

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help me PLEASE. I have had a BILLION problems with after effects, the most recent being that the top of the app is literally just cut off (?) I'm on Mac and where you can drag the tabs, and exit out and expand and such is literally cut off so it is unmovable. Another problem is getting the 'invalid filter' warning after trying to use a plugin (twitch) I have looked everywhere and nobody seems to have any of my problems.  My projects do not show up on the media encoder render queue - literally just don't, making rendering impossible. I have to screen record, crop and add audio on iMovie. the render settings, when they did show up, don't work on my phone. The project will. either export in some form that I cant play on my computer or it will. export fine but it isn't compatible with my phone. I used to use Quicktime and H.264 and that worked fine. The app is so unbelievably laggy and I am fed up with it. it also ALWAYS tells me that my space is running low when I have nothing on this computer. I bought this MacBook for the sole purpose of using After Effects, meaning it is brand new and has no issues. It should be working great and I am so tired. If anyone knows anything then please help me, I'm just trying to make a portfolio of my video editing for college 😞 

TLDR: after effects is putting me through a loop and has billions of problems that I don't see happening with anyone else. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first issue is an easy fix.  Hold down the Option key and double click on the bottom edge of the After Effects window.  This should resize the window to fit into the vertical bounds of the monitor.

The other issues are more generic and we need more information from you to provide meaningful help.

What version of After Effects are you using?

What version of Twitch are you using?

What version of Adobe Media Encoder are you using?

What version of Mac OS are you using?

What are the specifications of your computer, including how much RAM?

How much drive space is free on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you could use an After Effects class.

You may have pressed "command \" on accident.  This hides/reveals the Title Bar. 

For problems with Twitch you'll have to reach out to the publisher Video Copilot.  Is this a licensed or trial version of the plug-in or did it come from a torrent?  (If it came from a torrent, don't answer.  Just uninstall it and go purchse it from Video Copilot).

Use Composition > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue to send your animation to AME.  If Media Encoder does not luanch, try using the Render Queue to create an Apple ProRes 422 LT file (modest file size, great image qualty, should play really well on most Macs).  You can add the ProrRes 422 LT file to Media Encder later to create an H264 file.

For iPhone playback, you have to create a MP4.  It can be H264 or H265, but it has to be an MP4.

After Effects treats all source footage as if it were uncompressed.  This makes is especially important to configure your workstation for the settings you plan to use.  Try lowering the Comp Resolution for quicker Previews.

When you install AE, it sets 10% of your drive capacity as the Media Cache size.  You want the Media Cache to be as large as possible and as fast as possible.  On a laptop (Mac or Windows), you really want at least 512GB, but 1TB or larger is much, much better.  If your Macintosh HD is 128GB, that's just too small.  If it's 256GB, that's also too small.  You may need to use Edit > Purge > All Media & Disk Cache frequently if your drive is filling up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines