Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Affects Render Time

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

ok I'm really new to using programs like After Effects. I been working on a Logo Template I got from Envato, where you pretty much follow along and insert your own titles etc. Towards the end during the render tutorial I was not able to find the format she used after first picking QuickTime and then (Photo JPEG) for F-Options. I wasn't able to find that instead there was (Animation) along with many others that I had no clue what they were, so I chose animation. My rendering time is an hour long! The video itself is no longer than 2 minutes, it's just a short logo opener. Is this time normal!!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's normal. You need to get used to it. Very few things in AE are realtime and/ or hardware accelerated. Simple math - at 30 frames per second a minute of video alone is made up of 1800 frames already and even if rendering every frame only takes seconds, this can easily amount to hours of actual rendering. Photo JPEG was retired from Quicktime years ago and is no longer available. In any case, I would strongly urge you to read the online help and educate yourself on a broader level about all this stuff by watching tutorials and reading up on the technobabble. Many of these things simply cannot be learned and understood intuitively.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Render time is governed by what is going on in the composition and the available system resources. On my most powerful system with render times start approaching 4 or 5 minutes a frame I start rethinking the comp and try and figure out how to achieve the same results in a more efficient way. Most of my composites render at the rate of several seconds per frame, some of my motion graphics render at the rate of a few frames a second. it all depends on what you are doing. 

If you can point us to the template you are using and give us some system info we can get a pretty good idea of what a normal render time might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines