Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effect black screen with an iGPU

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have an XPS 15 9575 so I have two GPUs (Intel HD 630 / Rx Vega m GL, drivers are up to date), in the after effect version of 2019 absolutely no problem.

But since the version of 2020 (v17.1.3 currently) I have a black screen preview when I create a composition.

(so I tried several things: disable several gpu options, switch the project to software instead of opencl ...)

The only way I have found is to disable the iGPU in device manager and just leave the Intel HD 630 gpu, but even if I force AE to stay on the Intel gpu (gpu info in AE = Intel HD 630) while iGPU is on, I still get a black screen preview. I have to turn it off completely so I can't use it for other apps.

Here is if someone the solution, that would be great

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an update for AE out. The most current version is 17.1.4. You may need to sign out and back in to your CC account to see the update. (I signed out, restarted my machine, and then signed back in this morning to see it.) I'd try that to see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately the update does not correct the problem: /
I think it's linked to the switch to the iGPU which created the bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also try the public beta to see if it behaves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately it does not fix anything 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francois5CA8,

Sorry for your issue.

Would you mind sharing the driver version of both the GPUs installed on your laptop? Also, what's the version of Windows you're using?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I didn't see your answer.
this is what you asked me

Intel 630 UHD: 27.20.100.8681 (After Effect works under this GPU but I have to deactivate vega for AE to work perfectly)

AMD Rx Vega M GL: Adrenaline 20.4.2 (but I went down to 20.2.2 for stability) I cannot go above 20.4.2 because Amd no longer does support for the Rx Vega M GL

Windows 10 1909

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines