• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effect cc 2017 Motion sketch No audio

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi im trying to animate on the beat/voices but when ever i start to use the Motion sketch tool i cant hear the audio.

and yea i can fix the litte mistakes by hand but the animation is 12 min with 11 characters, so it would be real nice if i could hear the audio in real time.

so normal playback audio works fine, using motion sketch tool, no audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016
i start to use the Motion sketch tool i cant hear the audio.

this is a known bug from CC2015 : known issues in After Effects CC 2015 | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe  (all the way down)

this is from the article:

When you use motion sketch to animate a layer’s position, or animate a puppet pin by holding the Command (Mac OS) or CTRL (Windows), audio does not play.

We are investigating these problems for a future update.

To work around these problems, you can open your project in After Effects CC 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i start to use the Motion sketch tool i cant hear the audio.

this is a known bug from CC2015 : known issues in After Effects CC 2015 | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe  (all the way down)

this is from the article:

When you use motion sketch to animate a layer’s position, or animate a puppet pin by holding the Command (Mac OS) or CTRL (Windows), audio does not play.

We are investigating these problems for a future update.

To work around these problems, you can open your project in After Effects CC 2014 (13.2), use the motion sketch or animate a puppet pin in that version, then save the project file and open it again in After Effects CC 2015.

if this bug is important for you to get fixed, please file a bug report here. the more votes - the more we get the team's attention to prioritize and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this never fixed? I'm trying to use it today, 12/19/2017, and it won't play audio. In fact it's pretty laggy, which it shouldn't be on my rig with a completely empty project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this STILL not been fixed?

It's 2018. You introduced this problem back in 2015. That's three years. I keep going back to avoid the stuff you broke with playback... that's like 3 years worth of features I'm missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... January 2020, and still no fix!... Very sad...that's five years from first compain/message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 years!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutely ridiculous....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone dealing with this bug?... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7 years!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a very simple solution!
Start playback, preferably a few seconds ahead. 
When playback strats THEN activate START CAPTUR.

Voila! (It works)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except for the imprecision around the start time of the capture? If you need to do an animation in sections, this is crucial. Yours is a good workaround, but it would be nice if Adobe would just fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my reply below. AFAIC it's solved by this method..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2024 and I just tried this in the latest update.  Still not fixed 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got notified of your comment because 7 years ago I complained about this issue.

I can't believe it's still not fixed.

What's up with Adobe? There's more bugs and performance issues than ever before. Right now Adobe Premiere just forgot what all my fonts were. There's no fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines